MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Should i use Mybb to my new forum ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone, i know it was asked many and many times but... i just wanna clear

I really fck love Mybb, its free and so good to use but..

i was read couple articles on the forum and take my concluision, should i use mybb to my new forum?

I dont know, i know its a volunter team, and its small team, dot get paid for the job done, why not ?
But my really question is, my forum will be protected, get good pluings or mods, because day to day the comunnity going down, and with this time havent done noghting to earn from this and process a better work, image only pay 20$ for each licence

1000*20=20.000 on end of the year
the version 2.0 still so long to coming out, looks very nice...

i really do not know if use for my new forum, what do honestly think?
well, if you have decided to start a new forum,
if you want to have free & stable forum script,
if you are using shared web hosting .. then
there are not many choices.

I'd select between MyBB & phpBB
i will start with mybb i know it before i ask the question, i just writte because dont know.. we shoul do or get one more nevel with this software web
In my opinion, yes.
Why? It's a user friendly forum software and not to mention it's very easy to use. Good amount of plugins, themes, etc.
You should get MyBB.
The support community is awesome, phpBB is a little abandoned, specially by the own community.
The plugin system in MyBB is GREAT and is very EASY to modify if you need it.

I just started my new Forum <www.politz.com.br/forum> and after INTENSE research and study, even the paid systems, i choose MyBB.

All the functions, resources and plugins that i need i can found here in MyBB.

There is a LOT of great themes, free, paid ones, premium, anything.

The MyBB System is easy to use, dont use to much server resources (really, i use a Shared Plan Hosting in GoDaddy and WORKS LIKE A CHARM, VERY FAST!), is easy for users, etc.

My advice is: Research and do your own study and you will see that MyBB is the best option on the market today, and the best: IS FREEEEEEEEEEEE.

(Even better than Xenforo, vBulletin, phpBB, and other stuff).
I don't see why not. You're basically posting on MyBB Forum and still debating on using it. MyBB is the best open source forum software platform you can find.

It's easy to customize and manage. You get a decent support and community forum with staff who are always willing to help you.

In addition to that, you get access to a database of a whole lot of free and premium themes & plugins which add tons of new features.
you cannot go wrong with MYBB bro.
Congratulations - you've just posted if you should use MyBB on a site that has MyBB in its domain name. Do you really think you're going to get an unbiased opinion?

That said: Use MyBB
Well, if the problem is posting this kind of question in a MyBB Forum, lets see some problems:

- The default theme sucks a lot. Simple, obsolete and ugly.

It's time to upgrade to a better one in 2.0. Preference a responsive one. Its not the time now to using a plugin for doing so basic stuff like responsive design. We are in the future.

When i upgrade to 2.0 in the final release, i will pay for a responsive design. To look more like a "Social Network" (us, forums admins, must learn the good things of social networks - the design is usually better). And just it. Forums are here since the foundation of the internet and social networks are fighting for survive.

Tapatalk most common users dont like using a app.

This is only "problem" i see with MyBB.

In the rest, MyBB beat up every system out there, including the paid ones. That's for sure.
I'd say go with it and see how things go. Every other major software out there offers converter scripts so if you don't like MyBB later on down the road, you can just convert it to something else.
Pages: 1 2