MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can "reply" acts the same as "insert a quote"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am newbie and just build up a Forum website for my volunteer program. I like the font and style of "insert a quote" but dislike the font and style when using "reply" function inside a post.

here is the example from "insert a quote":

Quote:AA user:
-----------------------------------------------------------
line 1
line 2

Quote:quote of BB user's words by "AA user" here...
content 

The font inside the quote is one size smaller, which is easy to distinguish from my words. Great! but "Reply" inside a post did not shrink the size inside the quote.

There is not a long horizontal line between "line 1" and "line 2", very nice! "Reply" inside a post always put horizontal lines between EACH line of text, so annoying! 

Where can I shrink the font size when "Reply" inside a post, and how to remove the horizontal lines between EACH line of text?

Even better, I would like to change the quoted text color into, say, light blue.  And, if I post multiple New Reply in a short time duration, I don't want them stick together.  But I will leave this two points to later.

Or, is there any themes/templates fitting what I want? 

I have limited webpage programming experience, sorry. But decrease the font size and remove the lines are basically all what I want. I really appreciate any helps!

Thanks a lot.
In your global.css
In line 716 (in your case) remove background-color.

In line 763 (in your case) add:
color: #7d9fe7;
font-size: 13px;

Press save.
Not 100% shore if the hr background removal will effect other parts of the forum thou
(2016-06-09, 06:57 AM)BaggerHD Wrote: [ -> ]In your global.css
In line 716 (in your case) remove background-color....

Thank you very much, BaggerHD!  I am very busy today, but definitely will try it tomorrow.
Actually to my surprise, the problem solved by itself, after I changed the this:
admin panel >> configuration (Settings) >> Posting >> Post Merge Time --> put 0 (zero) and save settings.

I just wanted to disable the merging posts function, but it simultaneously made the quote one font size smaller, and removed the long horizontal line between every line of text. I am very happy now.

Thanks again, amazing guys here supporting MyBB for free. Wonderful people! Love your spirits.
(2016-06-09, 06:57 AM)BaggerHD Wrote: [ -> ]In your global.css
In line 716 (in your case) remove background-color.

In line 763 (in your case) add:
color: #7d9fe7;
font-size: 13px;

Press save.
Not 100% shore if the hr background removal will effect other parts of the forum thou

Sure* 😂