MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Best way to handle spam accounts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I went away for a week only to come back to my forum which is still in development with "40 accounts that are awaiting activation". What is the best thing to do with these accounts should i delete them or just leave them?

They do not bother me as long as they are not causing my site any harm. 

Thank you for your suggestions  Smile
unusual user accounts can be deleted. have a look at user name , email ID & registration IP ..
you can check through ~/[admin folder]/index.php?module=user & awaiting activation link at home page of admin panel.
(2016-06-09, 03:00 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]unusual user accounts can be deleted. have a look at user name , email ID & registration IP ..
you can check through ~/[admin folder]/index.php?module=user & awaiting activation link at home page of admin panel.

Do they do any damage if i just leave them? thanks!
(2016-06-09, 04:06 PM)Jelo Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-09, 03:00 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]unusual user accounts can be deleted. have a look at user name , email ID & registration IP ..

Do they do any damage if i just leave them? thanks!

No since they won't be able to post unless activated.
edit: delayed response

in general, they can't do harm.
however it would be better to take some preventive measures (eg.) for better security
I personally would add email address and IP addresses to your ban list, then delete the accounts. It doesn't look good having 40+ accounts waiting for activation for long periods of time.