MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Support Ticket System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
MyBB Support Ticket System Built-In or Plugin For MyBB 2.0

Hello,

Since there is already a Support Ticket System plugin for MyBB 1.8 versions and later on. It would be great if it could be built-in or plugin for MyBB 2.0

Here are some suggestions for the new MyBB 2.0 Support System:

Type of Support Request (with drop-down menu) For what type of support that is being requested. Like for example; with theses options: (Theses can be changed by the AdminCP or my the files itself)
  • Private Support 
  • Forums Problem 
  • Issues 
  • Private Complaint
  • Other Support Related Requests
Ticket Status, like for example, with the correct colors and with drop down-menu.  (Theses can be changed by the AdminCP or my the files itself)
  • Open   -   When user opens and requests a support ticket
  • Answered   -   When Staff Member reply's to the ticket
  • On Hold   -   Staff Member puts it on hold, if the issue needs more time to be fixed.
  • User Reply   -   When the user who created the ticket, reply's to it. 
  • Closed   -   Staff Member or user closed the ticket one the issue has been fixed.
For Ticket Status, the ONLY options that the users can do to the ticket status is: Close it and re-open the ticket. The staff members can have full access to the ticket status.

Ticket Priority, user can choose how important this issue is and the staff team can change it, if it's not that important. Like for example for priority status and with drop down menu as well:  (Theses can be changed by the AdminCP or my the files itself)
  • High
  • Medium
  • Low
Sections for each tickets, like for example: They can have specific tickets in them for example; "Open", "Answered", "On Hold", "User Reply",  and "Closed" they ALL go in their own tabs area (see Attached Files below for screenshot of an example of ticket order area) . Also they automatically go straight into the right section, once they are: "Answered", "User Reply", and "Closed" etc....

For all the suggestions above, they all can be changed in the Admin Control Panel and can change the permissions for each staff members, so they have their own permissions for it. Only the main administrator can have full access to it all.

Please let me know what you think of all theses suggestions! Smile  I would like to see some of theses in this either in MyBB 2.0 or for a plugin in MyBB 2.0!!

Cheers!
i think it would be better as plugin because this function is not used by all forums .
(2016-06-10, 06:12 PM)iturdu Wrote: [ -> ]i think it would be better as plugin because this function is not used by all forums .

True, but it can be disabled if you don't need it on the forums at the moment. OR it can be an option to be installed/uninstalled (while installing MyBB 2.0 manually) but can be re-installed through AdminCP settings at anytime, once it's needed. 

I've added a poll for it and everyone can vote for what one will be better a 2.0 plugin or built-in.
This is exactly the kind of functionality that plugins are meant to handle, precisely because the audience for it is limited. If there's enough demand for a support ticket plugin, then maybe the myBB staff will consider making it an officially supported plugin like they've talked about doing with the calendar, but this kind of functionality should be 100% a plugin and not just a setting to turn off and on. It's way too much bloat for that kind of option.
BIG +1 For me!
#AGREED
(2016-06-10, 06:26 PM)MorganB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-10, 06:12 PM)iturdu Wrote: [ -> ]i think it would be better as plugin because this function is not used by all forums .

True, but it can be disabled if you don't need it on the forums at the moment. OR it can be an option to be installed/uninstalled (while installing MyBB 2.0 manually) but can be re-installed through AdminCP settings at anytime, once it's needed. 

I've added a poll for it and everyone can vote for what one will be better a 2.0 plugin or built-in.

You've basically just described a plugin. It won't be a core feature, it's not needed. The team would need to develop, maintain, and support it. It doesn't make sense to do so for something most forums don't need. The team should concentrate on developing MyBB as a forum software, and I can't see anyone from the team disagreeing that there's just not enough resources or incentive to stray from that path.
I think the current Support System plugin is not bad at all. Why not just upgrade that for MyBB 2.0?
This is a forum software supposed to be driven by threads/posts.

The suggestion you specified isn't a necessity as many forums may resort to other forms of addressing issues, e.g. threads and the contact form.

Also the feature would require maintenance, development and investment of time. All of which could be put to better use on the project as a whole by creating/maintaining other core elements.
This almost certainly won't be in the core. Support ticket functionality is exactly the kind of functionality that plugins are intended to provide.

However, I'm positive that there will be something like MySupport for 2.0 because we'll likely want the functionality here on the MyBB Community Forums. I also wouldn't be surprised if it was officially supported by the team or a few team members, but I can't make any guarantees.
Someone will definitely make a plugin for this so I wouldn't worry about it too much. This is a pretty big extra feature that the core team would have to take on and it's much better suited as a plugin.
Pages: 1 2