MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to change template for a specific forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Blush  I am having troubles trying to change the template for a specific forum, in this case forum 4.  Example, the link would be mysite.com/forum-4.html.  How would I add HTML into that page and that page only?

Any advice is much appreciated, thank you!
template conditionals plugin can be used for such requirements
(required guidance is available on that plugin's release thread)
(2016-06-11, 05:57 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]template conditionals plugin can be used for such requirements
(required guidance is available on that plugin's release thread)

Could you give me an example of how I could use that plugin to target a specific forum? I don't seem to understand the logic I would use with that plugin. Seems to be rather complicated and prone to exploits so I'd rather find a way that doesn't involve that. I tried changing the styling but that didn't work. Is it really that complicated that we need to use a potentially vulnerable plugin?

Thought about using file_get_contents and injecting html using regex. That won't work for the threads etc... Why can we not change templates for a specific forum, but change the absolutely useless (useless in that the syling does not match the template LOL) styling? No disrespect intended, I love myBB and libre software.
can you tell us what exactly you want to change for a specific forum .. and can we have your forum url
AFAIK, suggested plugin is a safe one and not easily vulnerable. it is also simple to use !
(2016-06-12, 04:08 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can you tell us what exactly you want to change for a specific forum .. and can we have your forum url
AFAIK, suggested plugin is a safe one and not easily vulnerable. it is also simple to use !

I just simply want to add a nav bar for that specific forum and image. I would love to share my forum, but because I am developing and have things like error reporting on, I do not believe it's in my best interest security wise.

Never could have imagined it would be this complicated!
would you like to PM me your forum url & the code you want to use ?

most probably you can use the required code at the rules section of the specific forum !
if that is possible then that would be a simple thing - not complicated at all !

[Note: I might stay online up to GMT 1800]
(2016-06-12, 05:38 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]would you like to PM me your forum url & the code you want to use ?

most probably you can use the required code at the rules section of the specific forum !
if that is possible then that would be a simple thing - not complicated at all !

[Note: I might stay online up to GMT 1800]

This is the answer I was looking for. Thank you for not being too pushy about revealing my url Smile I will be adding many plug ins over the next couple months and will come back with my URL when I'm done with the project that I have connected with my forum Smile