MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Webmaster Email (Contact Us)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently "built" a Forum for my volunteering project using MyBB.com and after a week of test and adjustment, I am very satisfied with what I have now. Thank you so much for such a group of experts supporting this service for free.

I have a question. My website Contact Us says [email protected], but I don't know how I can access it. I believe it is working because I remember I got an email from this email address once a few days ago.

Thanks,
Jason
Sorry, you do have powered by... you do not need the logo at the top though. Please allow me 5 minutes to resolve your problem

You have three options
1 stay with php mail handler  (i.e. admin @yourdomain.com)
2 use smtp, either free with gmail or paid
3 edit the internal files (you should be able to find somethi h similar to mail.php or contact.php)

I am sorry to be of not much assistance, I am on my way to work and am only using a smartphone
You can access your email from you web panel or if you can't see such email then create the email with help of your web panel, you are using phpmail so your board can send mails from any email handler even if it is not existed.
(2016-06-12, 02:35 AM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]You can access your email from you web panel or if you can't see such email then create the email with help of your web panel, you are using phpmail so your board can send mails from any email handler even if it is not existed.

I was actually trying to find a place in web panel but could not. Is it in Admin CP? Can you please point out where I can find it to create or to access the email? Thank you!   

I simply found a place that I can change webmaster email to my own gmail address, which is not perfect but ok. Hope there is nothing else to worry if I change it to my gmail account.
(2016-06-12, 04:36 AM)JasonYan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-12, 02:35 AM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]You can access your email from you web panel or if you can't see such email then create the email with help of your web panel, you are using phpmail so your board can send mails from any email handler even if it is not existed.

I was actually trying to find a place in web panel but could not. Is it in Admin CP? Can you please point out where I can find it to create or to access the email? Thank you!   

I simply found a place that I can change webmaster email to my own gmail address, which is not perfect but ok. Hope there is nothing else to worry if I change it to my gmail account.

If you're referring to the two email options in your Site Details section you shouldn't have a problem using your gmail account.
Which panel you are using? also let me know if it is on a private server without any panel installed.
Quote:Which panel you are using? also let me know if it is on a private server without any panel installed.

from your asking, I realized that the webmaster is controlled by the webhosting side not MyBB side. I think the panel is called cPanel provided by Zhuji91.com.hk using Linux server, below is the snapshot for the email part:
its not Cpanel its VPanel you can create an email account from email option and can start receiving to that email through webmail provided by vpanel.
(2016-06-13, 03:39 AM)Dark-Power-Invader Wrote: [ -> ]its not Cpanel its VPanel you can create an email account from email option and can start receiving to that email through webmail provided by vpanel.

Thank you! After I googled and asked my web hosting company, I realized that the web host need to charge me for creating any email account, and that's why there is no "Email Account" icon available in my cPanel under Mail section.  I think I am fine with using [email protected] as the webmaster email address. I tested once and it is working.