MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: website and/or database storage capacity
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently "built" a Forum for my volunteering project using MyBB's service, and after a week of test and adjustment, I am very satisfied with what I have now. Thank you so much for such a group of experts supporting this service for free.

My question is that my webhosting company says 1GB "disk space" and 32GB memory for Dell R415 Server, etc. I am wondering 1GB is for the Forum website plus the database or just website by common sense? Whatever it is, does attaching a picture as an attachment or inserting it into a post makes a difference? I mean, one is in the database or outside weblink while another one is using website space?  I am worried if user attach some pictures and it will quickly use up my 1GB disk space from web hosting company.

Thanks,
Jason
If you are using Godaddy like myself, 1gb is a fair amount of storage to startup with. Only when you excessively upload, then you will have an issue. As for 32mb, that is a lot of ram for the site to run. I'm sure if you ask the right questions, everyone here will do their best to belp. Just as long as you keep that powered by mybb on your site.
Personally i don't like godaddy, you have rights to limit attachments size uploaded from your users go to your ACP > Configuration > Attachment Types(see in breadcrumb) and chnage the maximum size of your desired file type like zip or exe.
Personally, neither do I. But I got duped the first time xD