MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Massive increase in traffic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This site used to get about 20 users (including guests) active. Now it's saying there are 300 including guests?

What's up with this massive increase in traffic? Is it a DDOS attack? Lol.
could be bots. you have to analyze using a stats program available at web host panel or Google Analytics .. etc [#]
(2016-06-13, 01:54 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]could be bots. [...] Google Analytics 

Good luck to you - Google Analytics is knowingly false when it comes to bots as it requires javascript.
^ oh! Thank You.
If you use cPanel, depending on what software your host gave you, there can be some fantastic tools there. I personally use a free statistics script called Piwik which does wonders. I can track a single visitor, see where they're from, where they've been on my site and how long for on each page, how they left - even down to the page generation times. Definitely worth a go if you want to see the nitty gritty details.
(2016-06-13, 11:12 AM)groovybluedog Wrote: [ -> ]If you use cPanel, depending on what software your host gave you, there can be some fantastic tools there. I personally use a free statistics script called Piwik which does wonders. I can track a single visitor, see where they're from, where they've been on my site and how long for on each page, how they left - even down to the page generation times. Definitely worth a go if you want to see the nitty gritty details.

I was just going to recommend that! Piwik is libre software just like myBB.

- AND they are both the best in their class Wink
Piwik is the best in its class by far; I haven't found anything that even comes close.

What I love about it, is I own my own data. I don't care what Google says, they ARE going to spy on and use your collected Analytics data to sell you and your visitors adverts and whatever else they use it for.

Using Piwik gives me confidence that my data is my data and that only I have access to it.