MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Something Went Horribly Wrong
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi all,

I was upgrading from 1.2.6 to 1.2.7 when something went horribly wrong. I backed up the database tables and I've tried restoring the database. I've been able to bring back everything including all posts and threads. However, all of my users are, "Unregistered."

Therefore, I cannot log in to either my account or the Admin CP. If anyone could shed some light, I'd really appreciate it. I'd hate to have to start my forum over again. Sad

Thanks,
Eric

Take a look at the forums here.
Firstly can you tell us what went "horribly wrong" in the first place.

Secondly, have you tried restoring the "users" table again?

Thirdly, when you restored the database did you also restore the files?
Firstly can you tell us what went "horribly wrong" in the first place.
The entire forums were whipped out...remember, always run the upgrade script, not the install script. Rolleyes

Secondly, have you tried restoring the "users" table again?
That's the one I'm having trouble with. Also the usertitle table is giving me errors. When I try uploading the MyBB backup, it gives me a long error that starts with:
Quote:SQL query:

INSERT INTO mybb_users( uid, username,
PASSWORD , salt, loginkey, email, postnum

Thirdly, when you restored the database did you also restore the files?
Exactly what files do you mean?

Once again, I'd really appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks.
If you got past the database configuration part in the install script then we will have to take a different course of action. However if you did not we can do some other things to fix your problem. Please let me know which.

Cheers,
Tikitiki
Yeah, I went past the database configuration. Once I saw the screen that says "databases successfully configured" I knew I was in serious trouble.

I have been able to bring back everything except the user accounts. I've even been able to register at the forums, of course I have no admin powers.

Thanks in advance.
Hi, you have a backup of everything right? It includes the structure and data?
Before I tried upgrading, I used the MyBB backup tool in the Admin CP. I'm almost postive that I backed up all the tables in the back up.
Ok, everything was able to be recovered except the users table right?
I believe so, that and maybe the usertitle table. If you look at my forums, you'll see that even the user names have been retained. Further more, I just registered a new account at the forums and it has all of my original profile fields. Take a look here.
Hi,

You can just Drop the mybb_users table and re-import that table only
Pages: 1 2 3