MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Username Style increase character limit?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello MyBB community,

For the past hour or so I've been trying to figure out how to increase the character input value for the username style.... I've been checking everywhere and couldn't find an option.... I am trying to make a changing color username of some sort but my code is too long. So when I click save it cuts half the code out..... Anyone know how to increase this?

Thank you,
Sheamus Heart
can you post the code you are trying to use ..
(2016-06-15, 05:17 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]can you post the code you are trying to use ..

<strong style="-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, right top,  color-stop(0, #273d7a), color-stop(0.16, #2e529e), color-stop(0.32, #3a73ca), color-stop(0.48, #3f85da), color-stop(0.64, #53aef2), color-stop(0.8, #6bcdf8)); -webkit-background-clip: text; background-size: 0; -webkit-background-size: auto; -o-background-size: 0;">{username}</strong>
instead can you use separated style css (required style properties to be added in theme's global.css)
<span class="adminstyle">{username}</span>
.adminstyle {
// style properties 
}
(2016-06-15, 05:41 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]instead can you use separated style css (required style properties to be added in theme's global.css)
.adminstyle {
// style properties 
}

I'm assuming this goes into global.css?  I was thinking about doing this but was unsure of how to do so with putting a class in the username.
yes, style properties can be added to global.css of the theme

as you might know, stylesheets should be edited through themes section of forum admin panel

required style properties can be added at bottom of global.css (edit in advanced mode)
(2016-06-15, 05:59 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]yes, style properties can be added to global.css of the theme

as you might know, stylesheets should be edited through themes section of forum admin panel

required style properties can be added at bottom of global.css (edit in advanced mode)

I put,
.adminstyle {
<strong style="-webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, right top,  color-stop(0, #273d7a), color-stop(0.16, #2e529e), color-stop(0.32, #3a73ca), color-stop(0.48, #3f85da), color-stop(0.64, #53aef2), color-stop(0.8, #6bcdf8)); -webkit-background-clip: text; background-size: 0; -webkit-background-size: auto; -o-background-size: 0;"></strong>
}
in my global.css and 
But still the username remains plain white?
replace earlier added code in global.css with below
.adminstyle {
font-weight: bold; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, right top,  color-stop(0, #273d7a), color-stop(0.16, #2e529e), color-stop(0.32, #3a73ca), color-stop(0.48, #3f85da), color-stop(0.64, #53aef2), color-stop(0.8, #6bcdf8)); -webkit-background-clip: text; background-size: 0; -webkit-background-size: auto; -o-background-size: 0;
}

after saving changes to global.css hard refresh your browser (eg. press CTRL + F5) on the member profile page / a topic page
(2016-06-15, 06:23 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]replace earlier added code in global.css with below
.adminstyle {
font-weight: bold; -webkit-text-fill-color: transparent; background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, right top,  color-stop(0, #273d7a), color-stop(0.16, #2e529e), color-stop(0.32, #3a73ca), color-stop(0.48, #3f85da), color-stop(0.64, #53aef2), color-stop(0.8, #6bcdf8)); -webkit-background-clip: text; background-size: 0; -webkit-background-size: auto; -o-background-size: 0;
}

after saving changes to global.css hard refresh your browser (eg. press CTRL + F5) on the member profile page / a topic page

OMG Thank you soo much. I'm new to css and stuff I have been able to manage my forums so far. But I'm trying to add things and groups but this one was just a bit tricky. Back on my vBulletin test forum it was the whole code so I assumed I could paste the whole. 

Anyways, thank you so much for this code, really appreciate it Smile