MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why is this happening?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm having problems to view the forum. The forum keeps saying i am banned but when refreshed few times I can view the forum normally, then it will sometimes say im banned again.

Why is this happening?
Hi,

It's likely that your ISP uses a dynamic IP address for your connection and one (or several) of the IPs you've been assigned by your ISP are banned for spamming on the forums.
(2016-06-15, 01:58 PM)danielhyuuga Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm having problems to view the forum. The forum keeps saying i am banned but when refreshed few times I can view the forum normally, then it will sometimes say im banned again.

Why is this happening?

Try a VPN or proxy but you could get banned more.

DotVPN
Cyberghost

Hide.me (proxy)

Why is this happening?

What kind of browser you are using?
sometimes the problem from the browser, try to clean your cookies and data.
It's likely your IP that's been banned from the forum, if you have a dynamic IP this would explain why you have intermittent access.
(2016-06-27, 07:49 AM)Paradigm Wrote: [ -> ]It's likely your IP that's been banned from the forum, if you have a dynamic IP this would explain why you have intermittent access.

Exactly.
(2016-06-25, 11:54 AM)ChopsGFX Wrote: [ -> ]

Why is this happening?

DotVPN
Cyberghost

Hide.me (proxy)

I will suggest zenmate, it is really good.
(2016-06-27, 11:45 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-27, 07:49 AM)Paradigm Wrote: [ -> ]It's likely your IP that's been banned from the forum, if you have a dynamic IP this would explain why you have intermittent access.

Exactly.
(2016-06-25, 11:54 AM)ChopsGFX Wrote: [ -> ]

Why is this happening?

DotVPN
Cyberghost

Hide.me (proxy)

I will suggest zenmate, it is really good.

I agree, Zenmate is a good free VPN and an even better paid alternative.
Another member under the same ISP has probably done anything to get their IP banned, and since you may have a dynamic IP, you may also be connecting to the forum under that banned IP and whenever you keep refreshing you go under an IP that isn't banned and so on.

Try contacting the forum's owner if you haven't done anything to get your IP banned or contact your ISP asking them to inform you if your IP is dynamic or not.