MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB 3 RC1...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
...is out! And as much as I love MyBB, I've been waiting for this for soooo long. So I can muck around with it and it's safe enough to use as a live forum.

So yes, MyBB will (and always will be) my number one, but phpBB 3 seems to be a good change of pace once and awhile.
PHP_Paul Wrote:So yes, MyBB will (and always will be) my number one, but phpBB 3 seems to be a good change of pace once and awhile.
Just wait till 1.4 comes out! Toungue
Yeah, but phpBB 3 has the drastically different proSilver, and I like that.
What do you guys mean is PHPBB3 out?
PHP_Paul Wrote:...is out! And as much as I love MyBB, I've been waiting for this for soooo long. So I can muck around with it and it's safe enough to use as a live forum.

So yes, MyBB will (and always will be) my number one, but phpBB 3 seems to be a good change of pace once and awhile.

You must be joking PHPBB3 still has no calender. You have to wait till mybb 1.4 Toungue
Somehow their default theme looks better then before.
Jag100 Wrote:
PHP_Paul Wrote:...is out! And as much as I love MyBB, I've been waiting for this for soooo long. So I can muck around with it and it's safe enough to use as a live forum.

You must be joking PHPBB3 still has no calender. You have to wait till mybb 1.4 Toungue

I've never used MyBB's calender. I only miss Quick Reply, and I do see their point about why they don't include it.
PHP_Paul Wrote:I've never used MyBB's calender. I only miss Quick Reply, and I do see their point about why they don't include it.

What's their point? I'd like to hear this one.
phpBB Team Wrote:We know how you guys love us removing great features from phpBB so we've got rid of the Quick Reply! We don't think anyone really used it anyway so what was the point of having it there?

Anyway, as a new Community Rule, anyone requesting the Quick Reply to be put back in will be permanently banned and their comments marked as SPAM. This also applies to anyone who asks about Quick Reply mods.

Tralalalala...MyBB sucks.

^ Probably something like that.
*chuckles* some people still care about GUI more than anything else.
Pages: 1 2 3