MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Free MyBB site vs. a paid host.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are some general pros and cons of using a free MyBB site host like create my bb, vs a paid host?
Free hosting = limited resources.

Paid hosting = freedom of doing what you want with your hosting and more resources.
(2016-06-15, 10:35 PM)eNvy Wrote: [ -> ]Free hosting = limited resources.

Paid hosting = freedom of doing what you want with your hosting and more resources.

Pretty much this.
Thanks. You've confirmed what I thought was the right approach, a paid hosting site (even if a cheap one).
Free Hosting like IcyBoards etc, have restrictions like you cannot install Plugins or change certain settings where as with Paid hosting you can customise your site as much as you want.

Free hosting site loading speeds are also very slow.
(2016-06-22, 02:19 PM)ibz31 Wrote: [ -> ]Free Hosting like IcyBoards etc, have restrictions like you cannot install Plugins or change certain settings where as with Paid hosting you can customise your site as much as you want.

Free hosting site loading speeds are also very slow.

Thanks.

I went with a paid hosting site a few days ago, and have started to install Plugins, and change some settings.  So now I understand what I'm able to do, vs. what I wouldn't have been able to do.
Paid hosting sites will also provide you slow page load speed (Forums [Dynamic] with 1K online users), but not as much of a free hosting.

if you got a static website then you are good with any free or paid host.

If you need good hosting then buy dedi vps and setup your website over it.

Note: not all paid host are slow, but 80% of them are slow :-)

Holla
A paid site will always be better as there will be less limitations and better speeds.
Free Hosting Pros/Cons:
* No cost
* Limited resources
* Slow site
* Often restricted usage

Paid Hosting Pros/Cons:
* Can get expensive (like if you are buying cloud servers like me)
* Nearly limitless resources
* Fast site
* Few restrictions

And that's only to name a few. The list could go on and on but my list gives you the gist of it.