MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Making a default thread prefix
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
H-Hello, Pride here [again..]. So, I was looking for a way to set a thread prefix to default on a forum, when I found a thread regarding it. As we solve the issue, we need to locate a file ./newthread.php

I've been at it for 20 minutes, where is this file 0-0

Also, not related to this, but do you have any idea how can I add a foreign link to the Forum header?

Bump...I guess?
Default prefix:
1. Go to configuration -> Thread Prefixes (left side) -> Add new prefix (for all or specified forums) -> save
2. Go forum & posts -> Choose the forum you want default thread prefixes on -> Additional Forum Options -> Move to the very bottom and check "Yes, require a thread prefix for all threads" -> save and done!

Users who do new threads now, need to use that prefix in order to be able to post.

To add a link to the head links:
1. Templates -> Your default template -> Header Templates -> header -> Below  {$menu_calendar} add:
<li><a href="http://google.com" class="google" target="_blank">Google</a></li>

(target="_blank" is to make the link open in a new window, you can remove that if you don't want it) 
-> Now Save the template

2. Go to Themes -> Your Theme -> Global css -> Add the very bottom (or somewhere else, doesn't matter) -> Add:
#logo ul.top_links a.google {
	background: url(image url here 16x16) center left no-repeat;
}
-> Save and done!

Ofc the google is just an example. You can change to whatever you want.