MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just set up MyBB, a few issues.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It may be a hosting problem, try to send an e-mail to yourself here: yoursite.tld/member.php?action=emailuser&uid=1
(2016-06-21, 06:33 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:4] admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> System Mail Log
if any errors are logged then can you post a couple of the latest entries ..

There's nothing under System Mail Log at all.

(2016-06-21, 02:49 PM)Hugop Wrote: [ -> ]It may be a hosting problem, try to send an e-mail to yourself here: yoursite.tld/member.php?action=emailuser&uid=1

I got a message that said "the recipient has chosen to hide their email from others".

I then went to the options of my admin account, and unchecked the hide email address.

Then the form email form appeared.

I sent the email.

I don't see it yet.

I'll try emailing my host provider for help. But meanwhile, if there's any suggestions, please feel free to suggest.

Thanks.

My host is asking for the following info:

++++++++++++

1. Website details

-- Direct link to the administrative area of your website
-- The username and the password for it

2. Issue details

-- Step by step instructions on how to recreate it on our end. We can only assist you with that if we are able to recreate it on our end.
-- The latest changes that you have performed on your website since the last time when it was working properly.

++++++++++++

I don't mind giving them the admin username and password, but I don't know how I can have them reproduce an email not being sent, since the email on the admin account would be my email.

So only I can check if it is sent and received to my email.

I could ask them to register a new account, but then I can only activate accounts through the console, since email activation isn't working.

And I don't know if they would have an email address that they would register with.

I guess let me try SMTP instead of PHP mail.

No, I don't think SMTP is working either.
Back to the mail issue:

However, I ran this test php script:
+++++++++++++
error_reporting(E_ALL);
$to = '[email protected]';
if(mail($to, 'Testing mail', 'This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works.'))
{
echo 'Mail was sent by PHP';
}
else
{
echo 'PHP could not send the mail';
}

+++++++++++

And an email was sent, to the email address in that script, from the email address from my host server.

How can I configure MyBB to send emails from my host server email address?

I also checked my host server's email for the first time, and I see a lot of returned emails.

I just logged into the admin console of MyBB, and went to board settings-->site details, and changed the admin email to my host server email address.

I tried sending another mail to the "admin" user, and I got another returned mail. This one said it could not be sent to the recipient (the email address recipient on the "admin" account) for policy reasons.

If I was able to run the test script above, and a mail was able to be sent, from my host server email address to the recipient in the script, then it should be possible to configure it through the MyBB application.
Quote:.. could not be sent to the recipient .. for policy reasons ..
most probably you have to contact your web host for fixing the mail facility
and it would be better to use email account from web host (eg. contact@domain)
(2016-06-23, 04:42 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:.. could not be sent to the recipient .. for policy reasons ..
most probably you have to contact your web host for fixing the mail facility
and it would be better to use email account from web host (eg. contact@domain)

I'm not sure if my web host did something.

The following are now working:

1)  Email Notification of PMs (sent from [email protected]).

2)  Email notification of account activation (sent from my web host email address).

Still not working:

3)  Sending email to user (sent from a different email address, I know what it is, but don't know where that is configured).

Ok, I tried from "admin" to "nuraman00" on my board. They use different email addresses.

I get message not accepted due to policy reasons.

I then tried from nuraman00 to admin.

I get "This message failed DMARC Evaluation and is being
refused due to the policy provided by the From domain."

I guess its a problem with both respective domains, but what can I do about it?

Is the above related to Board Settings -->Mail Settings, or something else?

Is it possible to set the "from" as my web host email address, and a reply-to as the user's email address?

There was a ton of spam threads late last night.  So bumping this, and also giving a summary.

So to trouble shoot, my web host's technical support logged in and changed the email address for the account I gave them for a "testuser002", to an email address of that technical support member's.

He was then able to send an email to himself through MyBB.

I then logged in, and was able to send an email from testuser002, to both "admin" and "nuraman00" (different email addresses).

However, when I send from "admin" to "nuraman00" I get message not accepted due to policy reasons.

When I send from "nuraman00" to "admin", I get "This message failed DMARC Evaluation and is being
refused due to the policy provided by the From domain."

I also can't send from nuraman00 to nuraman00 nor admin to admin.

Is it possible to set the "from" as my web host email address, and a reply-to as the user's email address?

There was a ton of spam threads late last night.  So bumping this, and also giving a summary.

See the latter portion merged in the above post.
Pages: 1 2