MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Board is locked.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I wanted to see what configuration I needed for the Merge System, so I started to go through the menus, until I got to the database setup.

I saw what was needed.

I then exited.  I did a cleanup before exiting.

However, I still can't log into the board, and the main page says the board is closed.

If I try logging into an admin account, I get this error:

++++++++++++

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1054 - Unknown column 'passwordconvert' in 'field list'QueryConfusedELECT username,password,salt,loginkey,coppauser,usergroup,passwordconvert,passwordconverttype,passwordconvertsalt,uid FROM mybb_users WHERE username='admin' LIMIT 1

++++++++++++++++++++

I tried changing the following settings in index.php, but that didn't help.  I did that because another thread suggested it in post # 7:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-118464.html

Here are the original settings again:

define("IN_MYBB", 1);
define("IN_ADMINCP", 1);

// Here you can change how much of an Admin CP IP address must match in a previous session for the user is validated (defaults to 3 which matches a.b.c)
define("ADMIN_IP_SEGMENTS", 0);

++++++++++++

I can't even log into the merge system itself anymore, as I get this error when I try to go to it:

Error

Only admins can run the merge system. Please go to your forum index and login with an admin account.

Here is the URL:

http://sacramentokingsforum.net/

I tried this suggestion, but I can't go to the admin cp in the first place:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-87925-p...#pid642790
forum is looking for database fields added by Login Password Conversion plugin

have you taken backup of database before checking the Merge system ? if so may be its better to restore !
(2016-06-22, 03:51 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]forum is looking for database fields added by Login Password Conversion plugin

have you taken backup of database before checking the Merge system ? if so may be its better to restore !

No, I hadn't taken a backup.  I didn't think I needed to do a backup, since I wasn't going to run anything.

I didn't actually run anything on the Merge System either, I just went to a configuration screen where it asked for the database server details.  I wanted to see exactly what info it needed.

After seeing the screen, I went back, and ran "cleanup".

What can I do now?  Is there some sort of repair table?  I went to the php My Admin client from my host, so I can see all of the tables.

Thank you.

Is there a query I can run to also "open" the board, so the status isn't closed?

From your post, it seems I may have 2 issues:

1)  Board is closed
2)  Can't log into admin console

Ok, I can log into the Merge System again now, which I wasn't able to do a few hours ago.

I also didn't install that Lost Password Conversion Plugin. I guess the Merge System does it itself in preparation.

(2016-06-22, 03:41 PM)nuraman00 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I wanted to see what configuration I needed for the Merge System, so I started to go through the menus, until I got to the database setup.

I saw what was needed.

I then exited.  I did a cleanup before exiting.

However, I still can't log into the board, and the main page says the board is closed.

If I try logging into an admin account, I get this error:

++++++++++++

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:1054 - Unknown column 'passwordconvert' in 'field list'QueryConfusedELECT username,password,salt,loginkey,coppauser,usergroup,passwordconvert,passwordconverttype,passwordconvertsalt,uid FROM mybb_users WHERE username='admin' LIMIT 1

++++++++++++++++++++

I tried changing the following settings in index.php, but that didn't help.  I did that because another thread suggested it in post # 7:

http://community.mybb.com/thread-118464.html

Here are the original settings again:

define("IN_MYBB", 1);
define("IN_ADMINCP", 1);

// Here you can change how much of an Admin CP IP address must match in a previous session for the user is validated (defaults to 3 which matches a.b.c)
define("ADMIN_IP_SEGMENTS", 0);
Should I drop that column "passwordconvert" from the table?

Is there a cleaner way to roll back?

This user deleted the loginconvert.php file.

++++++++++

http://community.mybb.com/thread-166833-...pid1138653

(2015-02-10, 08:41 AM)Harbroe Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks dragonexpert. Neither my eyes nor search could find loginconvert_deactivate but loginconvert.php was there. I backed it up and deleted it. That works. So thank you for the signpost!
^ yes, deactivating / removing the plugin should work for getting access to forum admin panel !
(2016-06-23, 02:13 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ yes, deactivating / removing the plugin should work for getting access to forum admin panel !

How can I deactivate the plugin?

I can't find a loginconvert.php

Or a reference to loginconvert_deactivate function anywhere.

Found the loginconvert.php, it was in the plugins folder.

Windows searches for that file wasn't coming up, found it when browsing the FTP server.
^ :oops: can't deactivate the plugin when there is no access to admin panel
(ignore below as you traced the file)
if the plugin file is not in ~/inc/plugins folder then look for it in the merge folder
(2016-06-23, 02:26 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ :oops: can't deactivate the plugin when there is no access to admin panel
(ignore below as you traced the file)
if the plugin file is not in ~/inc/plugins folder then look for it in the merge folder

A few questions.  Does Windows file searches filter out *.php files?  If so, how can I change that?

I usually try searching one of two ways:

1)  Windows filename search

2)  Notepad++ find in files search (using the text string that I think will be within a file, such as "loginconvert".

Ok, I backed up that loginconvert plugin to my hard drive.  That allowed me to log into the admin console.

There, I could open the board back up.

Thank you for your help.

More questions:

If I do want to do a merge from vBulletin 4, will this login plugin be a problem?  Or, will it be properly configured if I were to do the test run, then actual merge?

As I mentioned, my intention this morning was just to browse through the merge plugin configuration itself, to see what setup I would need to do for when I actually wanted to do it. 

Just to know what I was getting into, and what exact information I wanted.

I didn't know it was going to install that login plugin.  At what point did it actually install it?

Again, I know a ton of people have technical issues they're stuck with, and I appreciate the time you have given.
windows OS search system is not much efficient. however it should not block php files search.
it would be better to use a files search utility like everything search engine or ultrasearch .. etc

Login Password Conversion plugin should not be a hurdle at any stage.
as the name suggests it helps in using earlier forum system's passwords with MyBB.
this plugin is added into plugins folder during initial stages of running the merge system.