MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cloud Theme/Theme As A Service?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All,

How about we provide the themes from a cloud server -- Theme As A Service?

When web sites need a new theme, the current solution is, web site owners download it from mybb.com and install it on their web sites.  My idea is, theme developer uploads the theme to a cloud server; web sites send data (title, author, date, content...) to this cloud server; server combines the data with the theme, and returns new style web pages; web sites then forward/display these pages to end users.

The point is, web site owners can get the new style web pages, but can not get the theme package directly.

I know there will be security and performance issues.  While, since other cloud solutions (various aaS) have the same problems, we can make our solution as secure and fast as others.

Any comments are welcome.

If there is no block issue, I will try to make a simple demo, and then ask your feedback.

Rickey
(2016-06-23, 07:03 AM)rickey29 Wrote: [ -> ]All,

How about we provide the themes from a cloud server -- Theme As A Service?

When web sites need a new theme, the current solution is, web site owners download it from mybb.com and install it on their web sites.  My idea is, theme developer uploads the theme to a cloud server; web sites send data (title, author, date, content...) to this cloud server; server combines the data with the theme, and returns new style web pages; web sites then forward/display these pages to end users.

The point is, web site owners can get the new style web pages, but can not get the theme package directly.

I know there will be security and performance issues.  While, since other cloud solutions (various aaS) have the same problems, we can make our solution as secure and fast as others.

Any comments are welcome.

If there is no block issue, I will try to make a simple demo, and then ask your feedback.

Rickey

And what's the meaning of all of this? Because the end result is exactly the same, people getting their theme. The only difference here is make a huge system to avoid upload 5 images and make 2 clicks?