MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Favicon issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Are you using Chrome? Chrome will often cache favicons so hard you need to reinstall your machine to get it to appear (this is a joke please do not reinstall your machine).

When I visit your site though, after ignoring the SSL warning, I do see this favicon:

[attachment=36446]

Is this the one you want?
Also, if your using cloudflare you might need to purge the cache to see the changes.
(2016-06-30, 12:32 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using Chrome? Chrome will often cache favicons so hard you need to reinstall your machine to get it to appear (this is a joke please do not reinstall your machine).

When I visit your site though, after ignoring the SSL warning, I do see this favicon:

Is this the one you want?

I use Chrome yes, but have tried with Firefox also..same there.
Did you visit the right website? www.desperados-et.com

@Ben c 
I don't use cloudfare. Cool
Are you sure you placed it in the mybb root and named it favicon.ico?
(2016-06-30, 08:32 PM)Ben C Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure you placed it in the mybb root and named it favicon.ico?

Yes..
/public_html/images/favicon/favicon.ico
Nope. Upload it directly in public_html. When we say MyBB root we mean where you have installed mybb. For example, public_html. Or public_html/forum/
lol..ok my bad here. Got it uploaded now, see if it occurs after awhile.
Thanks!
It displays now if you press ctrl + f5 Big Grin
Omg.. it displays now, but not in adressbar. It became a bookmark icon...lmao Big Grin Big Grin
You may need to press ctrl + f5 a few times for it to display. But, it should display after a few times.
Pages: 1 2 3