MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I'm trying to install mybb but just can't
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using 000webhost and I moved all the files inside mybb's upload folder to the server,
When I launched my site and moved into the install I typed the MySql information about my server and it didn't work!
I tried to verify I typed every thing ok and I was right. I even tested that 000webhost's MySql server is on by loggin in to myPhpAdmin with my MySql info and it worked.
But MyBB's install page can't accept my MySql info. I even tryied the MySqlImproved and it didn't work.
Please help me.  Huh Huh Huh

The Error:

Error
There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:
  • Could not connect to the database server at 'mysql5.000webhost.com' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?
Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.
it is a known problem with 000webhost and that web host is not recommended.

if you do not have to use custom plugins, it would be better to use icyBoards free hosting
(2016-06-24, 09:26 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]it is a known problem with 000webhost and that web host is not recommended.  

if you do not have to use custom plugins, it would be better to use icyBoards free hosting

I see... , But I'm feeling uncomfortable with the .icyboards suffix in the domain.
Is there a way to go with the 000webhost?
Should I check in 000webhost's support?
Because from what I see the problem is in the forum system and not in the MySql system.
you may contact 000webhost by submitting support ticket through your members area.

however, if you own a domain name then you can use that with IcyBoards hosting
(2016-06-24, 09:56 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you may contact 000webhost by submitting support ticket through your members area.

I'm trying the icyboards, it looks powerfull.
Just in few seconds it made my forum.
Thanks!
Half solved
(2016-06-24, 10:12 AM)yuvalval Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-24, 09:56 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you may contact 000webhost by submitting support ticket through your members area.

I'm trying the icyboards, it looks powerfull.
Just in few seconds it made my forum.
Thanks!
Half solved

best bet would be to use cheap shared hosting, I offer this for very cheap my plans start from $3 per month.

If you are looking for this HMU, I can help you set-up and get your forum started aswell.