MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Get a new post notification while posting at the same thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

i don't know if this has been suggested already, but i think it would quite nice to have this in mybb 2.0.
The idea is that when you are writing a post and someone else just posted on that thread, a popup will appear, telling you that there is new message on this thread.

Additionally the popup could be clickable, so when you click it, it'll show that post without reloading page. (Kinda like in ipboard)
Yes, I suggested something similar here: http://community.mybb.com/thread-183133.html
I'm still fond of a built in mechanism for this problem. Smile

EDIT: But it is a suggestion "after clicking 'send'". "While you where typing" exists already as a plugin.
I checked that plugin, its not even well made, because it doesn't recognize the quickly reply.
So it basically removes your message when notifying you about the new message.
Yeah, this is a must, and I know phpbb does this (and it does it well.)

This shouldn't be a plugin; this should be in the core with the option to turn it off in some forums.
Definitely useful. I'm sure this has been suggested (and probably accepted?) before, but I haven't checked the accepted forum for it yet - it could have been in one of those massive threads with hundreds of suggestions inside a single post.
(2016-07-08, 10:33 AM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Definitely useful. I'm sure this has been suggested (and probably accepted?) before, but I haven't checked the accepted forum for it yet - it could have been in one of those massive threads with hundreds of suggestions inside a single post.

Ok, just don't forget it then. Big Grin
Hi,

Your feature suggestion has been accepted as a planned feature to be implemented in MyBB 2.0. Thanks for your contribution!