MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Ban proxies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

when i connect to the mybb forum with proxies, i get this:

Quote:I'm sorry, but you are banned. You may not post, read threads, or access the forum. Please contact your forum administrator should you have any questions.

How did you do that, i would like to do that too for my forum.
You can restrict access using nginx or you can ban IP Addresses through Admin Control Panel.
(2016-06-24, 03:43 PM)Sazze Wrote: [ -> ]You can restrict access using nginx or you can ban IP Addresses through Admin Control Panel.

Nginx seems premium stuff, and banning ips is not a good solution for people who keep registering with different ip's/proxies.
(2016-06-24, 04:14 PM)thelovelyone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-24, 03:43 PM)Sazze Wrote: [ -> ]You can restrict access using nginx or you can ban IP Addresses through Admin Control Panel.

Nginx seems premium stuff, and banning ips is not a good solution for people who keep registering with different ip's/proxies.

Using Nginx is easy. It is just an alternative for apache.
What I learned is that it's a matter of collecting known proxies and banning them over time. Rather than banning proxies ban the users causing the problems. If a user starts trolling ban them. I tried going down the route you did once and it didn't go well.