MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Upload Directory"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB has detected that it is running from the "Upload" directory.
While there is nothing wrong with this, it is recommended that your upload the contents of the "Upload" directory and not the directory itself.

For more information please see the MyBB Docs.

I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how to get out of this? I'm new to this entire thing but when looking at the
www file in Filezilla, it won't open. 

http://fallen.x10host.com/cgi-bin/Upload.../index.php
http://fallen.x10host.com/

Any help would be greatly appreciated? I want the forum to be the main part of the site.
move all contents of Upload folder to htdocs folder (root folder of your site)
and you can run the installer by typing your site url in browser
Perfect! Only now it won't let me install it. It reads-

Before you can install MyBB, we must check that you meet the minimum requirements for installation.

Requirements Check
Requirements
PHP Version: 5.5.36
Supported DB Extensions: None
Supported Translation Extensions: iconv
PHP XML Extensions: Installed
Configuration File Writable: Writable
Settings File Writable: Writable
Cache Directory Writable: Writable
File Uploads Directory Writable: Writable
Avatar Uploads Directory Writable: Writable
Error
The MyBB Requirements check failed due to the reasons below. MyBB installation cannot continue because you did not meet the MyBB requirements. Please correct the errors below and try again:
MyBB requires one or more suitable database extensions to be installed. Your server reported that none were available.

Thank you!
please contact your web host and inform them that MySQL DB extension is not available for installing a forum script.
I have a database as the web host has created one. Simply don't know how to implement it, I guess?

Thank you!
^ most probably it needs to be fixed by your web host.