MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I need a volunteer for a small favor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to know if someone can register through the entire process on my site. I tried but it has my IP registered so it does not matter and will accept. I will delete your membership and to be sure this is NOT a ploy to get anyone to join. Occasionally I see people registering and then nothing. I am not certain if they are being held up because of my security and do not spam settings and this is what I am trying to find out.

I really would appreciate your help

Thank you and the site is:
Site
registration working fine. you can delete testuser account
(2016-06-25, 06:08 PM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to know if someone can register through the entire process on my site. I tried but it has my IP registered so it does not matter and will accept. I will delete your membership and to be sure this is NOT a ploy to get anyone to join. Occasionally I see people registering and then nothing. I am not certain if they are being held up because of my security and do not spam settings and this is what I am trying to find out.

I really would appreciate your help

Thank you and the site is:
Site

It might be spam bots registering. If you are using StopForumSpam with MyBB make sure you are checking usernames because it stops tons of users who register using short and common usernames like John or Sue (hypotheticals not saying those names are spammers) . Below are the settings I use with StopForumSpam maybe it can give you some guidence:
[Image: 1466904809_0.38564700.png]
let me know in a reply to this thread if you still need help.
Thank you .. my feeling was that spammers were trying to register or people that like to post warez or something because it is not allowed.. Smile Thank you .m. I will delete that account.