MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I see the IP Addresses of people trying to register?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I see the IP Addresses of people trying to register?

I changed the security question a few days ago, and am starting to see misses in the question.

People have been able to sign up too afterward.

I want to see the location of the users who failed, to see if they are spambots.

I figure if a legit user also has problems, they can always try the "contact us" link.
there is no provision for failed registrations log.

either a plugin is required (may not be readily available)
or you have to try using a analytics program to track who accessed registration page
(2016-06-27, 09:45 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]there is no provision for failed registrations log.

either a plugin is required (may not be readily available)
or you have to try using a analytics program to track who accessed registration page
Yes using analytics program will help who have accessed the registration page but it will not be able to tell who have failed registration log.
My only guess is a custom plugin will can store registration failed login attempts in db.

OP try to make registration question simple also see this post from mybb hacks regrading registration questions, I personally wont use it.
http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=627
The way to do this would be hooking the registration system in a custom plugin and if the registration validation fails log the IP into a table.