MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What did you do to promote your forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sponsorship deals. I've put down a decent amount of money in paying influencer YouTubers to talk about my forum which is geared towards new YouTubers trying to grow their channel.

I've tried doing things the broke-man way: cheap SEO gigs, promoting on showcase forums, I've gone as low as spamming other related communities. You need money, and a marketing strategy. I really hate seeing people using showcase forums to squeeze out as many registrants as they can "We have custom theme, join us today!", really not the purpose of a showcase forum, and from my experience, people who do this end up closing their forum due to inactivity after 1-3 month. You need an actual plan and if you really believe in your project then invest a bit of money into it.

Oh and the money I've invested, remade it in about a week. But man was I sweatin', that was a lot of money for a guy just making ends meet working at the Walmart Deli. One of my sponsored videos now sits on the first page on YouTube for the search result "How to promote your YouTube channel". That alone brings in 100-200 new registrants daily.
(2016-07-11, 09:27 PM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]Sponsorship deals. I've put down a decent amount of money in paying influencer YouTubers to talk about my forum which is geared towards new YouTubers trying to grow their channel.

I've tried doing things the broke-man way: cheap SEO gigs, promoting on showcase forums, I've gone as low as spamming other related communities. You need money, and a marketing strategy. I really hate seeing people using showcase forums to squeeze out as many registrants as they can "We have custom theme, join us today!", really not the purpose of a showcase forum, and from my experience, people who do this end up closing their forum due to inactivity after 1-3 month. You need an actual plan and if you really believe in your project then invest a bit of money into it.

Oh and the money I've invested, remade it in about a week. But man was I sweatin', that was a lot of money for a guy just making ends meet working at the Walmart Deli. One of my sponsored videos now sits on the first page on YouTube for the search result "How to promote your YouTube channel". That alone brings in 100-200 new registrants daily.

Great work Sharree, and really happy for you that it seems to be paying off.

Also, good to see that an investment story can work out for somone not backed by millions. I'm still too afraid to venture beyond the basic SEO measures. Let's see
Pages: 1 2