MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GDN_role doesn't exist!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of merging from a Vanilla forum to MyBB. 

When I set up a test site on my local machine, it all worked. Got the invalid forum issue, but fixed that by rebuilding the caches. 

Now I'm merging my live site and I get the error that the GDN_role table does not exist. 

When I checked my database, I clearly see the table present. My knowledge of mysql is not very deep, so I'm wondering if someone is seeing something obvious that I'm missing.
can you rename that table as GDN_role (small letter of r) and try it again !
Perfect! Renaming them worked, why I didn't think of that myself is beyond me... I had to do it quick because the Vanilla forum stopped working when renaming. Thanks for the help!

The only thing happening now is that the posts are imported, but are not linked to the correct user account. They are all linked to the guest account. I'll look in to why thats happening myself. Hopefully other people had this issue as well Smile

EDIT: The topic starter is correct, but all of the following reply's are linked to the guest account.

EDIT:
It also seems the user's password are not correct. The password converter is activated.
(2016-06-28, 05:30 PM)JanHoos Wrote: [ -> ]Perfect! Renaming them worked, why I didn't think of that myself is beyond me... I had to do it quick because the Vanilla forum stopped working when renaming. Thanks for the help!

The only thing happening now is that the posts are imported, but are not linked to the correct user account. They are all linked to the guest account. I'll look in to why thats happening myself. Hopefully other people had this issue as well Smile

EDIT: The topic starter is correct, but all of the following reply's are linked to the guest account.

EDIT:
It also seems the user's password are not correct. The password converter is activated.

Did you ever get any answer on how to correct the guest to the accurate user name?
No, I was going to open up another topic to see if anyone can help me with that.