MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: non existing URL/Google problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
^^bad advice...but do as you please. Don't forget to read the part of the article that says "Misusing the Remove URLs tool"
(2016-06-27, 02:19 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-27, 12:57 PM)crunch81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-27, 12:28 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Read this article, it tells how to remove your url.
https://support.google.com/webmasters/an...3419?hl=en

Ok, I will do this, but do I also need to remove from my script? And which script? What is the name and location of the file that needs the URL's removed?

When I logged in to the URL you gave me, there's a note on top which says: (translated) "If you remove URL's here it will only be temporaly, if you want to remove them permanent, you have to edit the source page" So, I think I have to do what Ashley says. but where is the script file located?

From the article linked to:

Make removal permanent
The Remove URLs tool is only a temporary removal. To remove content or a URL from Google search permanently you must take one or more of the following additional actions:
  • Remove or update the actual content from your site (images, pages, directories) and make sure that your web server returns either a 
    404 (Not Found)

•  or 

410 (Gone)

•  HTTP status code. Non-HTML files (like PDFs) should be completely removed from your server. (Learn more about HTTP status codes)

• Block access to the content, for example by requiring a password.
  • Indicate that the page should not to be indexed using the noindex meta tag. This is less secure than the other methods.
Unfortunately i don't have a solution that will return the codes you need. You may need to seek some paid help in this regard. It can be done via a plugin or .htaccess rules - although htaccess rules are complex and it's not recommended to experiment there unless you know what you're doing.

Thanks for the reply

(2016-06-27, 02:37 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]^^bad advice...but do as you please. Don't forget to read the part of the article that says "Misusing the Remove URLs tool"

"Misusing the Remove URLs tool
The URL removal tool is intended as a first step for content that you urgently need blocked—for example, if it contains confidential data that was accidentally exposed. Using the tool for other purposes might cause problems for your site.
  • Do not use the tool to clean up cruft, like old pages that 404. If you recently changed your site and now have some outdated URLs in the index, Google's crawlers will see this as we recrawl your URLs, and those pages will naturally drop out of our search results. There's no need to request an urgent update."
That's what I was looking for.......Thank Ashley and next time.....I know....read the whole article.

(2016-06-27, 02:24 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-27, 12:57 PM)crunch81 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-27, 12:28 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Read this article, it tells how to remove your url.

Ok, I will do this, but do I also need to remove from my script? And which script? What is the name and location of the file that needs the URL's removed?

When I logged in to the URL you gave me, there's a note on top which says: (translated) "If you remove URL's here it will only be temporaly, if you want to remove them permanent, you have to edit the source page" So, I think I have to do what Ashley says. but where is the script file located?
Please read the article completely, it tells how to remove permanently as well.
Just read the article, there is no need of script.

Either you remove everything from your website and write this in your htaccess
 ErrorDocument 404 /error.html 
And create a error.html with simple html error message.
Or Add a password on your directory which contains the website which is also indicated in google webmaster page.
I will suggest reading google webmaster page again.

Regards
WallBB, MyBB Theme

Thanks for your advise, but this is higher sience for me. I'm a newbie in these things
Pages: 1 2