MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Font awesome issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone,

I have followed a guide for favicons for mybb theme using font awesome and its gone horribly wrong, I'm not sure what's happened by its screwed my forum up.

You can see hereĀ http://promotionbb.com/index.php
Looks like the problem will be in forumbit_depth2_forum template under forumbit templates. Try to restore it to the way it was before.
(2016-06-27, 04:46 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like the problem will be in forumbit_depth2_forum template under forumbit templates. Try to restore it to the way it was before.

If you could revisit now you'll see that it has just removed the icons.
Can you post the contents of the above template? which tutorial did you follow... this one ?

http://community.mybb.com/thread-156711.html
(2016-06-27, 04:56 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post the contents of the above template? which tutorial did you follow... this one ?

http://community.mybb.com/thread-156711.html

I followed the above tutorial yes.

Forumbit_depth2_cat (The same for Forumbit_depth2_forum)

<div class="forum_status forum_{$lightbulb['folder']} ajax_mark_read ficons_{$forum['fid']}" title="{$lightbulb['altonoff']}" id="mark_read_{$forum['fid']}"><i class="fa fa-comments"></i></div>

Global.css

.forum_status {
height: 50px;
width: 50px;
font-size: 30px;
text-align: center;
}

.forum_status i {
display: inline-block;
line-height: 50px;
}

.forum_on {
color: #0094d1;
}

.forum_off, .forum_offlock, .forum_offlink {
color: #333;
}

.forum_off i {
opacity: .4;
}

.forum_offlock i:before {
content: "\f023";
}

.forum_offlink i:before {
content: "\f0c1";
}
.ficons_2 i:before {
content: "\f000";
}

.ficons_3 i:before {
content: "\f1ba";
}

.ficons_4 i:before {
content: "\f0f5";
}

.ficons_6 i:before {
content: "\f0e4";
}

.ficons_7 i:before {
content: "\f03e";
}

Backup your file contents, and try replacing with this:

<tr>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="center" width="1"><div class="forum_status forum_{$lightbulb['folder']} ajax_mark_read" title="{$lightbulb['altonoff']}" id="mark_read_{$forum['fid']}"><i class="fa fa-comments"></i></div></td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}">
<strong><a href="{$forum_url}">{$forum['name']}</a></strong>{$forum_viewers_text}<div class="smalltext">{$forum['description']}{$modlist}{$subforums}</div>
</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap">{$threads}{$unapproved['unapproved_threads']}</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap">{$posts}{$unapproved['unapproved_posts']}</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="right" style="white-space: nowrap">{$lastpost}</td>
</tr>

Maybe you made a mistake with the CSS
(2016-06-27, 05:08 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Backup your file contents, and try replacing with this:

<tr>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="center" width="1"><div class="forum_status forum_{$lightbulb['folder']} ajax_mark_read" title="{$lightbulb['altonoff']}" id="mark_read_{$forum['fid']}"><i class="fa fa-comments"></i></div></td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}">
<strong><a href="{$forum_url}">{$forum['name']}</a></strong>{$forum_viewers_text}<div class="smalltext">{$forum['description']}{$modlist}{$subforums}</div>
</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap">{$threads}{$unapproved['unapproved_threads']}</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="center" style="white-space: nowrap">{$posts}{$unapproved['unapproved_posts']}</td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="right" style="white-space: nowrap">{$lastpost}</td>
</tr>

Where should I put this.
forumbit_depth2_forum
(2016-06-27, 05:12 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]forumbit_depth2_forum

It seems to have worked but only 1 set icon I want different icons for each forum section.
forumbit_depth2_cat

<tr>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="center" width="1"><div class="forum_status forum_{$lightbulb['folder']} ajax_mark_read ficons_{$forum['fid']}" title="{$lightbulb['altonoff']}" id="mark_read_{$forum['fid']}"><i class="fa fa-comments"></i></div></td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}">
<strong><a href="{$forum_url}">{$forum['name']}</a></strong>{$forum_viewers_text}<div class="smalltext">{$forum['description']}{$subforums}</div>
</td>
</tr>

forumbit_depth2_forum

<tr>
<td class="{$bgcolor}" align="center" width="1"><div class="forum_status forum_{$lightbulb['folder']} ajax_mark_read ficons_{$forum['fid']}" title="{$lightbulb['altonoff']}" id="mark_read_{$forum['fid']}"><i class="fa fa-comments"></i></div></td>
<td class="{$bgcolor}">
</td>
</tr>

Afterwards, you will need to apply the CSS changes as specified in the tutorial

Lines 300 - 350 of your global.css should look like this:

.forum_status {
height: 50px;
width: 50px;
font-size: 30px;
text-align: center;
}

.forum_status i {
display: inline-block;
line-height: 50px;