MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: accessing Admin CP shuts down my wireless router
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just installed a new copy of 1.2.7. Everything works fine except, when I click on Admin CP on the main screen it instantly disable's the wireless side of my router. I have to unplug the router for a second to reset it. Everything works fine until I click Admin CP and it does it again and again and again. What on earth is going on? If I connect a cable to the router it works fine. How weird is that?

board at www.cannabisconnections.nl/ccforum

Thanks in advance.

milehigh
I'm just taking a sort of out of the dark stab at this, but maybe your router doesn't support some kind of security the ACP may have? I have a one but I only use it for my DS so I can't be much more then that sorry ^^; It may also be some kind of firewall setting come to think of it, maybe you should check those as well?
Try changing the type of headers that MYBB sends. There are options in admincp. You may be forced to make changes in mysql if you can't access admincp. A rather odd problem imho.
Thanks for the quick replys. I can access the Admin CP when I am connected with a cable. Everything works fine. I can call up the board and use it as a user wirelessly. It is only when I click the Admin CP or something related and connected wireless. The cable connection on the router continues to work, but I have to power cycle the router to get the wireless going again. It does this from two different computers if that helps. I don't have the router firewalled either.

I will cable up and have a look at changing headers. F#cking with mysql is over my head as I am just a novice.
I'm on wireless internet right now and nothing's wrong when I try to access the Admin CP...
MyBB in no way touches any wireless settings - In fact, I know of no code that can even do that.
If your router is like mine, it has logs you can access by using any web browser. (well, im not sure if its the router, my dad does all the networking in our house and he has like 3 pieces of hardware for it.)

Check your users manual and see if it has any logs
Well, it is still happening 100% of the time. I tried to read the router log, but when it freezes up, I have to reset it, which erases the logs. The only way I can work at admin level is with a cable connected. And that is what I will have to do. I will try a different router in the next couple of days to see if it happens there too. It is a sitecom router with no security and nothing special about it. It is new and worked out of the box. It happens from two different computers, so it has to be the router. It only happens when it access's anything in the admin directory.

thanks,

milehigh
Well it's a problem with your router then, since I'm on wireless frequently and I do not have any problem accessing the Admin CP of any forums I have access to.
DennisTT Wrote:Well it's a problem with your router then, since I'm on wireless frequently and I do not have any problem accessing the Admin CP of any forums I have access to.

same
Pages: 1 2