MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems with the index page, i think
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
when ever you try to see the latest post in a forum via the link on the index page, you get the message:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/theexped/public_html/forum/inc/languages/english/global.lang.php:1) in /home/theexped/public_html/forum/showthread.php on line 126

any ideas?

the forum: http://forum.theexpedition.org
Have you modified any of your files in notepad or anything like that? Any time this comes up, it's usually recommended to open the file specified and make sure there are no blank spaces at the top of the file before the <?
judel Wrote:Have you modified any of your files in notepad or anything like that? Any time this comes up, it's usually recommended to open the file specified and make sure there are no blank spaces at the top of the file before the <?

that was it, kind of, one of my mods needed me to modify the global.lang.php, for some reason it was being VERY picky, i had to revert to the default file, then mod it again, in a different editer

thanks for the tip
Yup, using Wordpad, or another text editor is recommended over Notepad.
DennisTT Wrote:Yup, using Wordpad, or another text editor is recommended over Notepad.
yeah i used crimson editor
why is that?
nitemare Wrote:
DennisTT Wrote:Yup, using Wordpad, or another text editor is recommended over Notepad.
yeah i used crimson editor
why is that?

Notepad doesn't handle multi-lingual files properly and adds a invisible character (\00 (a null byte)) and in turn causes that error.