MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: password convert fields empty?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

Yesterday evening I managed (with the help from the staff) to merge my vanilla forum to Mybb. Unfortunately my users can't log in. 

After browsing these forums, I've read that the passwordconvertfield should hold the old passwords. And than when the user logs in for the first time, that data is copied over to the password field of Mybb.

It turns out, most of my convert fields are empty! So it seems the vanilla password is not copied over. 

When I merged my forums, my admin account was the same as the admin account from Vanilla. Is that something I should not do? 

Is there something I can do different to get the convert password fields to copy over?
Did you use Facebook connect or something similar on your Vanilla forum? In this case the user never had a password.
Hmmm, good point. There's no Facebook connect, but a bridge with Wordpress. Vanilla should be copy'ing the passwords from the Wordpress blog that is connected to it.

I can check the password fields in Vanilla and see how many users have a password.

I also managed to get in contact with a user who did have a convert password. He could log in like a boss!

Allright, I've checked the Vanilla database and everyone has a password in the password field. While the temp password in the mybb database is missing. I've color coded some entries and updated the first post.

What might be the problem is the hash method? The people who have Vanilla as a Hash method, have a temp password in the mybb database so it seems?
The Merge System can only convert passwords being hashed with the hash method Vanilla supports out of the box.
Allright! I'll have to try again this evening and see what happens when I change the hash method from random to vanilla.

Update: I've tried changing the hash method to Vanilla but no dice. It seems, the Vanilla forum is not picking up the latest password from Wordpress. I've got it linked with a plugin and there seems to be a problem in that area. On to Vanilla support forums it is!