MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Required reputation to post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The idea is that users should have a minimum reputation to post threads in certain forums, but I can't find an option to do this.

Is there an existing plugin?
The alternative I'm thinking of is an IF statement in newthread template - PHP is enabled.

If (FID==X and reputation<Y)
then error_nopermission
Easy to do using group promotion, what you need to do is create two groups :-
One having permissions to posts and one not having permission to post threads in those sections.

After that in group promotions, create new promotion where user will move to different group after they have reached certain reputation and hence they will be able to post threads in those certain forums.
Hope it helps, no need to use a plugin or template condition.

Regards
WallBB
(2016-07-01, 10:36 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Easy to do using group promotion, what you need to do is create two groups :-
One having permissions to posts and one not having permission to post threads in those sections.

After that in group promotions, create new promotion where user will move to different group after they have reached certain reputation and hence they will be able to post threads in those certain forums.
Hope it helps, no need to use a plugin or template condition.

Regards
WallBB

You're right.
Using a conditional just seemed the easiest way, but I will go for this, thanks. Smile
see also Restricting access to a forum using group promotions

though the guidance was for restricting the access to specific forums, it should be possible
to extend it to your requirement by using custom permissions for the specific groups

btw, see also Minimum Reputation plugin !