MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: disable "automatically subcribe to thread"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there a way to disable "Automatically subscribe to threads you post in." ? It seems to be on by default on my board and its annoying.

I know how to disable them myself per user account, but i'd rather this feature to be disabled. It annoys alot of members and i understand that. Only a select few actually want this, which is why its better for them to enable it.
It's not set to default on the board in your siggie and isn't supposed to be set up to subscribe to threads by default. Is it another forum you're referring to?
judel Wrote:It's not set to default on the board in your siggie and isn't supposed to be set up to subscribe to threads by default. Is it another forum you're referring to?

its my forum. my mybb forum and i never enabled it. seems to be enabled by itself, i disabled it but it seems to keep reenabling itself.

maybe it imported some setting from my ipb forums that i merged with it.
This is a per-user setting. You can disable it for everybody by running this SQL code in phpMyAdmin?
UPDATE mybb_users SET emailnotify = 'no'
DELETE FROM mybb_favorites WHERE type='s'
DELETE FROM mybb_forumsubscriptions
(Remember to replace any instance of mybb_ with your forum's database table prefix, if different)

After you run that, subscriptions should be disabled by default, and any existing thread or forum subscriptions will be cleared from all users.