MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Error 44 [raspberry pi]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have tried googling and searching for an answer for this and tried the fix it had stated in the wiki to change 
$config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli';          to          $config['database']['type'] = 'mysql';
It did not work.  Sad

This is the actual message 
Error Type:
MyBB Error (44)
Error Message:
MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website
as changing the database type did not work you have to contact your web host for fixing it
When you say contact my webhost, do you mean contact godaddy(place where I bought my domain name) or something? I am running this off of my raspberry pi.
so your web server is RPI ? sorry I've no knowledge about it .. check if this helps
I have done all of these already. I still have the same issue :C
see if replies here have a clue ..
Do you have php5-mysql installed? If not MyBB and PHP won't have an interface to connect to MySQL. Since your running this off a raspberry pi you'll be following the same procedure you'd follow on a VPS or Dedi.
As MyZeus says, your custom server is not correctly configured.
Out of interest why you would you want to use the older MySQL extension over the MySQLi extension? If I remember correctly, the MySQL connection is/was actually planned to be removed from PHP entirely.
I had that revered, my bad( I had changed MySQL to MySQLi) . And btw I solved it. I had to make sure that inc/settings.php had been switch to my domain name, for some reason it did not do that on install. TY for all the help tho.