MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Must Acknowledge Warning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, MyBB peeps!

I was very happy to see that you'll be implementing my last suggestion, and wanted to see what you might think of this next one.  IPB has a very nifty feature as part of their warning system, in which users (if enabled by the adminstrator) MUST "acknowledge" their warning before being able to make any more posts on the board.  Additionally, in the warning log of the moderator CP, mods/admins can see whether or not users have acknowledged issued warnings.

Attached are some screenshots of what this looks like in a demo I was playing with.  Thoughts?

[attachment=36451]

[attachment=36452]

[attachment=36453]
makes sense to me.
Seems like a good idea.
I definitely like this idea.
Nice idea but admins would need the ability to disable it.
Sounds useful to me. Obviously admins should be able to disable it. I also wonder if it would be a good idea to have it optional per warning?
(2016-07-03, 02:32 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds useful to me. Obviously admins should be able to disable it. I also wonder if it would be a good idea to have it optional per warning?

It would be a great idea considering serious warnings take priority/importance over others.
(2016-07-03, 02:32 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds useful to me. Obviously admins should be able to disable it. I also wonder if it would be a good idea to have it optional per warning?

So this is what would make the most sense to me:

In the ACP, within the "create warning type" screen, add the following option (likely as a radio button):

Users must acknowledge this warning type?  YES / NO / ISSUER DISCRETION

If set to "YES," users must always acknowledge warnings of this type.  If set to "NO," users are not ever forced to acknowledge warnings of this type.  "Issuer Discretion" allows the issuing mod/admin to
make that decision when issuing the warning - likely by checking a box.
(2016-07-04, 01:54 AM)MrTristan Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-03, 02:32 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Sounds useful to me. Obviously admins should be able to disable it. I also wonder if it would be a good idea to have it optional per warning?

So this is what would make the most sense to me:

In the ACP, within the "create warning type" screen, add the following option (likely as a radio button):

Users must acknowledge this warning type?  YES / NO / ISSUER DISCRETION

If set to "YES," users must always acknowledge warnings of this type.  If set to "NO," users are not ever forced to acknowledge warnings of this type.  "Issuer Discretion" allows the issuing mod/admin to
make that decision when issuing the warning - likely by checking a box.

Yep, that's exactly what I was meaning with my post Wink
Sweet. Sounds like we're on the same wavelength. Would love to see this implemented!
Pages: 1 2