MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Posts in brackets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On the index of the forums, it shows the number of posts made in that forum, and then at the side it has the number one in brackets i.e. 5,309 (1)

What does this mean, as no threads require moderating, nor posts.

Thanks.
Whatever number is in brackets means that that many threads (if under the threads column) or that many posts (if under the posts column) have been 'Unapproved' by a moderator. These posts/threads will appear in red so they are easily defined. Only people who moderate that forum will be able to read these posts/threads. Smile
actually it's called a parenthesis. Brackets are { and } Wink
Cheers, and what would be the best way of doing finding this post, as apparently there is no posts on the ACP that are showing to be needed to be approved
Tikitiki Wrote:actually it's called a parenthesis. Brackets are { and } Wink

Brackets shown are ( and )
itfcfully Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:actually it's called a parenthesis. Brackets are { and } Wink

Brackets shown are ( and )

uhm. Did you read my message?
Yes - so how can i find this post please - as i said above, there is nothing showing on the moderating section of the ACP required to be approved?

Cheers.
Did you click "Moderate Posts & Threads" in the Admin CP? If there's nothing in there, and looking in all the threads you don't see any red posts or red threads, then it may mean that the forum count is off. Try using the Rebuild/Recount feature in the Admin CP.

BTW about the brackets, all of you are wrong.
* parentheses or round brackets: ( )
* box brackets or square brackets: [ ]
* curly brackets or braces: { }
* angle brackets: < >
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracket