MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Mail Trouble
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to send a mass mail to my members. I have done so successfully several times before. Today when I tried, it tells me I have 4 members in a user group where there are 497 members! What's up? Anyone else having trouble with this function?

If I don't specify anything for recipients, it says there are 20 recipients. I have more than 1500 members!
Run this in phpMyAdmin:

SELECT COUNT(*) from mybb_users where allownotices = 1;

What does this return? Just to check they haven't all been opted out of receiving emails somehow.
(2016-07-04, 01:32 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]Run this in phpMyAdmin:

SELECT COUNT(*) from mybb_users where allownotices = 1;

What does this return? Just to check they haven't all been opted out of receiving emails somehow.

Oh, I think you might be on the right track. I am trying to send PMs though, not emails. But I have run a query earlier which opts them out of receiving emails. Could this somehow be preventing them from getting mass PMs?

Yep, the answer to the SQL query above is 20.

Thanks, issue solved! Big Grin
Yeah, I think in that sense then the name of the admin section is slightly misleading, should really be called "Mass Messaging" or something, as you obviously get the option to send by email or PM so isn't always a "mass email". The column is for opting in/out of either. But glad that helped!