MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cool, Easy Member Map mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These member maps offered By Frappr are kick butt Big Grin Not only do you see a pin location of all your members that sign on, they can add a picture to their pin Smile There's a lot of other things you can do also. Frappr is a full blown community of these maps. I prefer this over Google Maps by far as my personal choice. In these next steps, remember, you don't have to create an additional page in your forum to add this Map. You can create a seperate page of anykind that will add this code.

Easy directions>
1. Create an additional page for your forum. I called mine "Member Map"
2. Go to http://www.frappr.com and sign up for a membership to get your free map. The sign up is extremly easy and it's also just as easy for someone to add their pin/picture to your map.
3. Simply add the code of the Map you created at Frappr to the newly created webpage you made. And reupload to the new page to your admin area where you created the custom page for your map.

No API's to deal with or code changes you need to keep up on.

Also someone smarter than I could make a Frappr embedding tag if they wanted another way to add this to thier forum.

Your Welcome and have fun with this one.

Oh yea, I use 1280x1024 Screen resoltion so excuse the screenshot.
Thanks.
I prefer the Google Maps one but this is a nice alternative.