MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How can I edit the board closed template?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, What file or template is the board closed located at? I want to edit it so I need some help please Smile
Thanks in advanced.
It's in global.php

// If the board is closed, the user is not an administrator and they're not trying to login, show the board closed message
if($mybb->settings['boardclosed'] == "yes" && $mybb->usergroup['cancp'] != "yes" && !(basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == "member.php" && ($mybb->input['action'] == "login" || $mybb->input['action'] == "do_login" || $mybb->input['action'] == "logout")))
{
	// Show error
	$lang->error_boardclosed .= "<blockquote>{$mybb->settings['boardclosed_reason']}</blockquote>";
	error($lang->error_boardclosed);
	exit;
}

It returns an error-page with the message. So for editing you will need to edit the "error" template. But all error messages will be shown with the "new style" and that's not what you want i think =P So you could create a new template specially for the "boardclosing" and output it.
Well, you can edit the error templates by going into your Admin CP > Templates > *Your Template Set* > Error Message Templates.

There are a few error templates there, I don't know if board closed is there or not. Smile

Good luck,
FW
FirefoxWiz Wrote:Well, you can edit the error templates by going into your Admin CP > Templates > *Your Template Set* > Error Message Templates.

There are a few error templates there, I don't know if board closed is there or not. Smile

Good luck,
FW

nope the board closed isn't in it.. Thanks for your help anyway.

LeX- Wrote:It's in global.php

// If the board is closed, the user is not an administrator and they're not trying to login, show the board closed message
if($mybb->settings['boardclosed'] == "yes" && $mybb->usergroup['cancp'] != "yes" && !(basename($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']) == "member.php" && ($mybb->input['action'] == "login" || $mybb->input['action'] == "do_login" || $mybb->input['action'] == "logout")))
{
	// Show error
	$lang->error_boardclosed .= "<blockquote>{$mybb->settings['boardclosed_reason']}</blockquote>";
	error($lang->error_boardclosed);
	exit;
}

It returns an error-page with the message. So for editing you will need to edit the "error" template. But all error messages will be shown with the "new style" and that's not what you want i think =P So you could create a new template specially for the "boardclosing" and output it.
Thanks for your help!