MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IP problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I noticed that every member on my forum has the same IP including me. That IP is my servers ip.

I tried scrutinze IP that did not fix it, I removed cloudflare, that did not fix it. 

I am clueless at the moment as I never seen anything like this happen before. 

I cannot even get new registrations because it says We cannot process your registration because there has already been 2 new registration(s) from your ip address in the past 24 hours. Please try again later.

So when people are registering they are registering as the server ip as well. 

Any idea on what is going on?, I do have root access to the server if there is something within the server that may be causing this. it is running cPanel
Strange that it's the server's IP, could understand if it was a Cloudflare IP as all users would come through the same, do you have any sort of proxying set up on the server?
Also, you can disable the IP registration restriction by going to ACP > Configuration > Login and Registration Options > Time Between Registrations > set this to 0.
(2016-07-06, 08:58 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]Strange that it's the server's IP, could understand if it was a Cloudflare IP as all users would come through the same, do you have any sort of proxying set up on the server?
Nope none at all.
Can you create a file on your server called test.php and put this in it:

<?php echo $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']; ?>

and post a link to it here?

Also added a post above about disabling the IP registration restriction if you missed it, think we posted at almost the same time Smile
(2016-07-06, 09:03 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]Can you create a file on your server called test.php and put this in it:

<?php echo $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']; ?>

and post a link to it here?

Also added a post above about disabling the IP registration restriction if you missed it, think we posted at almost the same time Smile

-snip-

I believe this is a server issue because I tested on another mybb installation and the same thing happens so im confused.
Ah, I notice from the headers you're using Varnish:

Via:1.1 varnish
X-Cache:MISS
X-Cacheable:YES
X-Varnish:401795328

I don't really know how Varnish works, but could you see if disabling this has any effect?
(2016-07-06, 09:14 PM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I notice from the headers you're using Varnish:

Via:1.1 varnish
X-Cache:MISS
X-Cacheable:YES
X-Varnish:401795328

I don't really know how Varnish works, but could you see if disabling this has any effect?

I can't disable that without discussing with my partner as the server is used for shared hosting.

EDIT: I will temporarily disable it to see if it works.

EDIT: Issue still remains
Okay, well that'd be the first thing I'd look into, had a quick Google and found several posts like this http://www.harecoded.com/determining-the...or-2177289 so it sounds likely it's related to Varnish.
Do a little thing navigate to admin panel >> configuration (settings) >> Server and Optimization Options >> Scrutinize User's IP and turn it on if it is off.