MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Chinese typing disappear after 1 second
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a website http://sinomedphys.com that is powered by MyBB. It is mainly for physicists in China so Chinese typing is a must.

When I post a thread, reply a thread, or "Full Edit" a post, the Chinese typing using PinYin shows up correctly, but always disapear after one second, when you just finished typing a word, and are trying to choose the correct Chinese character (or word) from a few available characters (all have same pronunciation).  Strange thing is that it only happens with Chrome, but not IE. And if I use "Quick Edit" there is not problem.

I would like to use IE, but the problem is, when using IE and if I wanted to insert a web link, then the link always goes to the beginning of a paragraph instead of where I wanted to insert. Weird.

If you want to repeat my problem, you may just Google "google pinyin" and download and install it. Alt+Shift to change to Chinese input. Then randomly type in something, there will be some Chinese characters for you to choose from (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 4, etc). If you don't choose in one second, all the options will be gone and your typing is gone too.

Actually, it happens here too. If I type Chinese characters here and use Chrome, it disappear in one second.

Thanks very much for your attention.
same thing happening here.