MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fix security error in any theme/template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there an updated version of this tutorial? Not working with 1.8.7, something like would be very helpful.
that guidance was provided for old themes belonging to older versions of MyBB

are you getting such security errors while installing themes for MyBB 1.8.x ?

note: using 1.6.x version themes on MyBB 1.8.x is not supported.
(2016-07-07, 12:23 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]that guidance was provided for old themes belonging to older versions of MyBB

are you getting such security errors while installing themes for MyBB 1.8.x ?

note: using 1.6.x version themes on MyBB 1.8.x is not supported.

Right. I'm receiving "A potential security issue was found in the theme. It was not imported. Please contact the Author or MyBB Group for support."
which theme you are trying to install & exactly which version of MyBB you are using ?
(2016-07-07, 12:35 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]which theme you are trying to install & exactly which version of MyBB you are using ?

Personal theme on MyBB 1.8.7. I've been able to export it and use it fine up until now which brings me to believe I've made a mistake within the past week or so. The default error message isn't very revealing, so I'm unsure even what template the bug is in.
^ well, you may upload it somewhere & post link here so that someone can check it ..
(2016-07-07, 12:52 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ well, you may upload it somewhere & post link here so that someone can check it ..

I can PM you the theme, will you be able to check it?
^ why can't you upload it & post the link on forum .. we have many helpers with expertise
(2016-07-07, 01:26 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ why can't you upload it & post the link on forum .. we have many helpers with expertise

Well yes, I don't doubt that and the theme is nothing special. I would just feel more comfortable knowing it's someone trusted that has access to it since it apparently has vulnerabilities and is on a live board.
^ alright, you may PM me the theme link & also provide your forum url in the PM