MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Still new to theme designing. Which way is better?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it more advised to directly modify the global.css or add my own custom.css file and add all my new/modified code in there? 

I've seen quite a few themes doing this and was wondering what the advantages of this are and which road I should take.

Thanks.
Using a custom.css is always the simple way to avoid confusion. It helps when you need to update the core theme or likewise.
Hi .xer0n,
I will suggest creating a mockup first in photoshop and then create a skeleton.
If you skeleton is completely redesigned than I will suggest creating a completely new set of css files.
If you have similarities with default MyBB theme you can use global.css provided you have a backup.
Alright thanks a tonne.
Another question, this is probably more directed at a staff member.

To make my theme a little neater, am I able to do something along the lines of this (see below)? I still maintain copyright within the footer, just worded differently. Need to know if I'll be denied support or not.
If I'd be denied support I'll gladly fix it up again.

[Image: 87524f802ecd432ea163e4f5f66875c7.png]
(2016-07-09, 07:05 AM).xer0n Wrote: [ -> ]Alright thanks a tonne.
Another question, this is probably more directed at a staff member.

To make my theme a little neater, am I able to do something along the lines of this (see below)? I still maintain copyright within the footer, just worded differently. Need to know if I'll be denied support or not.
If I'd be denied support I'll gladly fix it up again.

[Image: 87524f802ecd432ea163e4f5f66875c7.png]

Please read this article
https://www.mybb.com/support/eligibility-policy/
Ah thanks. Have fixed it up so that I'm still eligible. 

Thread can be closed now.
Closed on request Big Grin