MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM Editor Glitch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This has happened to me in all the versions of 1.2.x occasionally. It just randomly happens sometimes.

See attached image.
Reset the editor .css back to default in the theme .css and see if the problem still exists. ?

Funny how the settings there can screw up the whole editor. Wink

Edit: If the theme is using external .css with a duplicate td.textarea, that causes those sort of problems too. Toungue
I have not changed that template~ None of my themes have, yet I've experienced this problem on all of them.
How often does it happen? On what browser(s)? What site?
You could also try replacing the files /jscripts/editor.js and /inc/functions.php /inc/class_parser.php and see if that helps, as they are the three main files that the editor uses.
It's still doing it...

I use Firefox.

BUT, I just checked IE7 AND Opera, and it looks the same in both of them. I think the width of the input box is too small, and it's consequently squishing the editor on top.
In the theme template > "Form Elements"

Remove all font family styles, (I think the default is Verdana). Wink

My experience is that this will allow the editor to expand.. Don't ask why ?? Toungue
I will ask why, because I'm not going to edit stuff with almost certainly pointless results. Changing the CSS for what font families there are should have no effect.
I said it was my experience with this problem.... when creating themes.

If you are not prepared to try something, then the cause may more difficult to remedy.

Does this problem happen with the default MyBB theme. ?? It may throw some light on whether it's a template problem or a core file problem..

The file editor.js is responsible for the default width and height... If you've upgraded that then the problem appears to be somewhere else....
I want Chris to take a look at it. I have *not* modified *anything* to do with the editor.
Pages: 1 2 3