MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hired friend , got screwed over
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all , I hired someone to customize a theme for me
I'd already worked on it previously and customized it to my liking but needed help with postbit

Anyways , the person I hired did a good job at first , but after I paid them , they destroyed something in the postbit and told me to give them more money or they wouldn't fix it

Unfortunately , I have no idea how to fix the issue, and I refuse to give this toxic scammer more money so I'm praying someone with a good heart here will be able to help me out!

The postbit looks good , but whenever I reply to a thread / post , the post goes above and glitches
Example

[Image: 0gReAcD.png]
Full size image link - http://i.imgur.com/0gReAcD.png
Here's my postbit

{$ignore_bit}

<tbody><tr>
<div id="posts">

<table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="10" class="scaleimages tborder" style="margin-top: 5px;" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
<div class="post_author scaleimages">
<tbody><tr>
<td class="trow1" valign="top" style="border-top: none;width: 180px;border-right: 1px solid #151515;"> <a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a>
<div align="center">
<div class="postbit-username">
<span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span><br /> {$post['onlinestatus']}
</div>

{$post['useravatar']}
</div>
<div align="left">
<span class="smalltext">
<div class="author_information">
<div>
<div align="center">

<br />
<div style="background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);padding:8px;margin:0 -10px;">{$post['usertitle']}</div>
<br/>
{$post['groupimage']}

</div>

<div class="author_statistics">
{$post['user_details']}
</div>

<td class="trow1" valign="top" style="border-left: 1px solid #303030;border-top: none;">
<table width="100%">
          <tbody><tr><td>
<div class="post_content">
<div class="post_head">
{$post['posturl']}
{$post['icon']}
<span class="post_edit" id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span>
{$post['subject_extra']}
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody></table>

<div class="post_body scaleimages" id="pid_{$post['pid']}">
{$post['message']} <br /><div class="float_right">
<div style="{$post['tyl_display']}" class="like_postbit" id="tyl_{$post['pid']}">{$post['thankyoulike_data']}</div></div><br />
</div>
{$post['attachments']}
{$post['signature']}
<div class="post_meta" id="post_meta_{$post['pid']}">

</div>
</div>

<tr>
<td class="trow1" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;border-right: 1px solid #151515;"><span class="smalltext">{$post['postdate']}</span></td>

<td class="trow1" style="vertical-align: middle;border-left: 1px solid #303030;">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tbody><tr valign="bottom">
<td align="left" class="postbit_buttons"> 

{$post['button_tyl']}

</td>
<td align="center"></td>
<td align="right" class="postbit_buttons">

{$post['button_email']}{$post['button_pm']}{$post['button_www']}{$post['button_find']}{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_quickrestore']}{$post['button_quote']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_mention']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_purgespammer']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}

</td>
</tr>
</tbody></table>
</td>
</tr>

</div>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>

If anyone can help me , I'll be so f*cking happy , this ruins all my work I put into my forum and I'm completely stumped!  Undecided
what is your forum url & which theme you are using ?
Why did they destroyed postbit when your theme was working ?
Ask them to fix it to the previous state it was working properly.

(2016-07-09, 08:22 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]what is your forum url & which theme you are using ?

Also as .m. said, It looks like a paid theme. Can you let us know details ?
(2016-07-09, 08:50 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Why did they destroyed postbit when your theme was working ?

Because they're a power-hungry megalomaniac?
(2016-07-09, 08:50 AM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Why did they destroyed postbit when your theme was working ?
Ask them to fix it to the previous state it was working properly.

(2016-07-09, 08:22 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]what is your forum url & which theme you are using ?

Also as .m. said, It looks like a paid theme. Can you let us know details ?

Not sure why he did it , he laughed (said lol ) after he did it , so I think he did it to be nasty or something
And yes I paid for my theme from a user on forums.mybb-plugins.com

Thanks for the reply wallBB !
I PM'd .m. my website , waiting on response from him!
It looks like a fairly simple issue with the colspan at first glance. If .m. can't solve it, I can take a look for you.
You may PM me the URL.

[Image: hroste.png]