MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB 1.26 to 1.27 upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok so I'm trying to upgrade my forum to 1.27.

However the instructions on the wiki site appear to be incomplete...

' Wrote:Beginning the Upgrade
Open your FTP and navigate to the forums inc/ folder. Download the following files to somewhere safe as you will need to re-upload them later!
./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php
Upload all the new files including the install folder, overriding the existing copies (this contains the upgrade files also) to your forums root directory.
Navigate to the inc/ folder and replace
./inc/settings.php
./inc/config.php
CHMOD the above two files to 666 (or 777, whatever suits your server), and also CHMOD the folders listed below to 777:
Go to www.yourdomain.com/forumfolder/install/upgrade.php

The part that confuses me is where it says: "and also CHMOD the folders listed below to 777:" There are NO Folders listed below! It is blank on the wiki site! Did someone edit this by mistake? Whats the deal?
I believe it is meant to read CHMOD folders /uploads/ and /uploads/avatars/ to 777 Smile
Can anyone confirm this? An Admin?
It are the same folders like when you do a fresh install ... uploads and uploads/avatars .

Edit ::

Wiki has been updated =P
See here if you don't believe me: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/CHMOD_Files Smile
LOL! Thanks guys. Wish me luck on my upgrade. I'm new to this as you can tell. Smile
Yea! The upgrade went smoothly! Big Grin Now I have CHMODDED the config file to 755, but I remember from my fresh install (1.26) I CHMODDED another file also? The settings file maybe? forget... Also, after the install do I just leave uploads and uploads/avatars @ 666? I just want my forum to be as secure as possible.
asusreviews.com Wrote:Yea! The upgrade went smoothly! Big Grin Now I have CHMODDED the config file to 755, but I remember from my fresh install (1.26) I CHMODDED another file also? The settings file maybe? forget... Also, after the install do I just leave uploads and uploads/avatars @ 666? I just want my forum to be as secure as possible.

yes, inc/settings.php , else all the settings you will make in the future won't be saved =P The CHMOD on the folders needs to be 666 or 777 , else users can't upload attachments / avatars and such =P
The folders upload and upload/avatars need to be 777. inc/settings.php needs to be 666, but inc/config.php can be 644.