MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Verdana Font
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I moved to MyBB from vBulletin. After the import quite a few posts have the code

[font=Verdana]

in it. I've installed Verdana onto the server but that doesn't seem to be enough for MyBB to pick up the font. So my question is how can I get MyBB to register Verdana as a font to display these posts correctly?
The editor already has an option for Verdana. Do all the instances of font have corresponding closing tags?
(2016-07-11, 02:26 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]The editor already has an option for Verdana. Do all the instances of font have corresponding closing tags?

They do.
You can check the first few lines of jscripts\sceditor\textarea_styles\jquery.sceditor.default.css

they should look like this:

html, body, p, code:before, table {
margin: 0;
padding: 0;
font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;
font-size: 14px;
color: #111;
}
Yeah. That's what I've got exactly. It's as if MyBB isn't registering the
[font=Verdana]...[/font]

Very frustrating.
Have you tried clicking edit and save on one of the posts (without making actual changes) - does it pick up then?
(2016-07-11, 02:59 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried clicking edit and save on one of the posts (without making actual changes) - does it pick up then?

Yeah. I already tried that too. Smile It's weird because when I go into edit the font seems formatted right with things bold and whatnot, but then when I save it it goes back to displaying with the code.

I did an experiment where I wrote a brand new post and chose Verdana as the font choice. This is what happened.

[attachment=36532]
(2016-07-11, 04:06 PM)StefanT Wrote: [ -> ]http://blog.mybb.com/2016/03/11/mybb-1-8...7-release/ -> Note about updated packages

That did the trick! Thank you so much.
I added a font called Georgia as the default font by putting it at the beginning of the font-family line as above.. so it would read simply in your case:
font-family: Verdana,Tahoma, Arial, Sans-Serif;