MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Migrating from MySQL to PostgreSQL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I decide to change the server that hosts my website. New server allows the use of PostgreSQL, which I really like, but I do not know how to move from MySQL to PostgreSQL.

Does anyone have any idea?
Fervi
It should just be a case of changing the database type in ./inc/config.php from mysqli to pgsql, but you may find errors with several plugins as I don't think many (if any) are really tested with PostgreSQL.
(2016-07-12, 11:12 AM)Matt. Wrote: [ -> ]It should just be a case of changing the database type in ./inc/config.php from mysqli to pgsql, but you may find errors with several plugins as I don't think many (if any) are really tested with PostgreSQL.

You will also need to convert your old database from MySQL to PostgreSQL. THere are a few tools that attempt to automate this, such asĀ https://github.com/maxlapshin/mysql2postgres
Oh yes, of course Big Grin
Well, it is not impossible in principle to move to PostgreSQL. Any "mysql2postgres" are not fully compatible, thus transferring forum is impossible.

Thank you for your help Smile

Fervi