MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: An issue with 'panel lower' gone missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

I've been trying to improve my forums over the last 2 days and things are going well. This morning I bumped into a small issue though and for some reason 'panel lower' isn't showing as it should. It has magically disappeared.

Why is that? How can I get it back?

[Image: iFeNJTf.png]

To clarify, I'm talking about the gray field by the User CP link. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Can you share your forum url ?
Also have you recently added that icon CASTLEMANIA EU ?
(2016-07-12, 12:48 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Can you share your forum url ?

www.castlemania-eu.com

Yes I changed it last night actually. It was the same as it is now, but due to changes we made the old panel color didn't match and so we changed it. It is in fact something I've thought about that could potentially be the cause of the issue but I did my best to make it identical to the old one. The font used and the image used are the same size as they were before the issue occurred.

Might also add that it worked perfectly fine when we first implemented it. The panel disappeared after we discovered an issue with the background of user posts being the same as the forum background. After a bit of hassle we managed to fix it but then this problem came right at us.

So instead of screwing around with things we have absolutely no knowledge about we feel like asking you guys here at MyBB is a safer option for us.

Looking forward to your response.
(2016-07-12, 01:47 PM)Sibylla Tony Wrote: [ -> ]

www.castlemania-eu.com

Yes I changed it last night actually. It was the same as it is now, but due to changes we made the old panel color didn't match and so we changed it. It is in fact something I've thought about that could potentially be the cause of the issue but I did my best to make it identical to the old one. The font used and the image used are the same size as they were before the issue occurred.

Might also add that it worked perfectly fine when we first implemented it. The panel disappeared after we discovered an issue with the background of user posts being the same as the forum background. After a bit of hassle we managed to fix it but then this problem came right us.

So instead of screwing around with things we have absolutely no knowledge about we feel like asking you guys here at MyBB is a safer option for us.

Can you also provide a test account so I can see user panel ?
(2016-07-12, 01:48 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-12, 01:47 PM)Sibylla Tony Wrote: [ -> ]

www.castlemania-eu.com

Might also add that it worked perfectly fine when we first implemented it. The panel disappeared after we discovered an issue with the background of user posts being the same as the forum background. After a bit of hassle we managed to fix it but then this problem came right us.

Can you also provide a test account so I can see user panel ?

Would love to but I'm doing the dishes for the restaurant I'm working at so I'm limited to a cellphone for the time being. Is a test account ultimately necessary? It'd very much help to know what caused this too, instead of having it fixed for us by somebody else, in case it happens in the future.

If you only can track the issue with a test account then I'll see what I can do when I'm done with the dishes.

Go to your theme template and templates
And replace the code in header > header_welcomeblock_member
	<div class="wrapper">
		<ul class="menu panel_links">
			<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php" class="usercp">{$lang->welcome_usercp}</a></li>
			{$modcplink}
			{$admincplink}
		</ul>
	<div class="wrapper">
			<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php" class="usercp">{$lang->welcome_usercp}</a></li>
			{$modcplink}
			{$admincplink}
		</ul>
		<ul class="menu user_links">
			<li><a href="#" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=buddypopup&modal=1', null, true); return false;">{$lang->welcome_open_buddy_list}</a></li>
			<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getnew">{$lang->welcome_newposts}</a></li>
			<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getdaily">{$lang->welcome_todaysposts}</a></li>
			<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a> {$lang->welcome_pms_usage}</li>
		</ul>

After adding this code as well, you will need to format your logo so that it shows below these links using css.
Hope it helps.

Regards
WallBB
(2016-07-12, 04:24 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Go to your theme template and templates
And replace the code in header > header_welcomeblock_member
	<div class="wrapper">
			{$modcplink}
			{$admincplink}
		</ul>
	<div class="wrapper">
			{$modcplink}
			{$admincplink}
		</ul>
		<ul class="menu user_links">
			<li><a href="#" onclick="MyBB.popupWindow('{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=buddypopup&modal=1', null, true); return false;">{$lang->welcome_open_buddy_list}</a></li>
			<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getnew">{$lang->welcome_newposts}</a></li>
			<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/search.php?action=getdaily">{$lang->welcome_todaysposts}</a></li>
			<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/private.php">{$lang->welcome_pms}</a> {$lang->welcome_pms_usage}</li>
		</ul>

After adding this code as well, you will need to format your logo so that it shows below these links using css.
Hope it helps.

Regards
WallBB

Thank you! Before I get to replacing these I must ask, why is it that it worked before and not any longer? As mentioned in my previous post, everything worked fine before we started tracking the cause of user posts going transparent resulting in the forum background showing instead.

So what I'm saying is that since it worked fine yesterday, how come we can't make it work again without adding this code you provided?
Actually when you added the code for the new logo, most probably you removed the above code by mistake. Hence it was not working most probably. I can't tell exact reason based on assumptions though. You can check admin log so you will get better idea what might have gone wrong. Smile
(2016-07-12, 05:17 PM)WallBB Wrote: [ -> ]Actually when you added the code for the new logo, most probably you removed the above code by mistake. Hence it was not working most probably. I can't tell exact reason based on assumptions though. You can check admin log so you will get better idea what might have gone wrong. Smile

We didn't add code for the logo, we basically just edited the original logo to our liking. As we changed quite a lot of colours on the forums yesterday - at some point we accidentally removed the background colour here and now i can't find what to edit. 

I only edited colour codes in global.css but i can't seem to find wich one would be putting back the background for the panel lower and the admin log won't show more precise than that i was editing the global.css but i will try a bit more to find out what exactly i need to change to get the background back ><