MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some users can't see my site
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yes i've talked to my server hosts, that being nfoservers.com. One of the staff couldn't see my website saying it was down for him and another staff saying he was able to see it. I can see it and same as some of my friends. Some of my friends can't. NFO said it wasn't hosting issue causing a problem, because since nfoservers is up, then my website it up too, which again some people see and some don't. The users have tried a different browser, Cleared cache, and CMD>ipconfig>dnsflush so we know its not just the users, we know its not the server hosts, so I assume its Mybb or maybe phpadmin. Is there a way to clean some stuff up?
https://gyazo.com/1fd3cd2e28524b0e7d1c49a7c69d4920
my site bdgservers.net
Ask your friends that CAN"T enter the site to turn off wifi on mobile phone, and try to enter it with mobile phone without wifi. IF they are able to enter the site then, it's an isp issue
Also in countries like Australia, turning on and off aeroplane mode on specific networks will change the I.P. . Don't know if that bit of into helps.
Are your friends using any sorts of proxy because if they are some host really don't allow proxy.
Ask them to do a traceroute; if it's giving an actual server not found message, it won't be anything to do with MyBB as it'll be a network issue before it's even hit the server.
I am able to hit your site from the UK.
Do you happen to know where the people unable to view your site are located? Sounds like geo restriction.

Also do you know if those unable to connect are on mobile?
He lives in the U.S. and he tried to use his phone, but still didn't work. It's not only this one guy, but like I said, an NFO Support Member also couldn't see this site being up while another NFO member did. Could it be that these 2 people just can't see it at the same time? Is it the host acting up; which I don't think it is since ive already talked to them.
Is it free or paid hosting? It could be a host problem if not "premium". I know godaddy doesnt have a very good rep here, but being a paid plan, I have had no issues like this... it could be due to the fact that the host has denied that specific IP but by the looks of the traceroute, well it has me stumped. That usually implies there is no connection..

The implication of NFO members not allowing other NFO members there if logged on is farfetched, though more bizzare things have happened in myBB. Have you tried testing this theory?
If they're getting that error doing a traceroute then it's a DNS issue or something, there's nothing we or you can do about it really. Where is your DNS managed?
Pages: 1 2